Corporate Finance - Tax Advisory
What we do
We help our clients develop efficient and cost effective tax structures and manage their tax risk and processes. Our advice ranges from tax compliance to advising on property transactions, debt restructuring, management incentive schemes and R&D expenditure.
Our areas of expertise include:
- M&A and restructuring transactions
- Real estate
- Investment management
- Financial services
- Transfer pricing
- Capital allowances
- Indirect taxes (VAT)
- International tax
- Corporate tax compliance and reporting
We work in small teams, giving our graduates early access to clients, responsibility on projects and close working relationships with senior staff.
What will you do?
Day to day responsibilities will vary depending on projects but are likely to include:
- Preparing corporation tax or VAT computations and returns
- Liaising with clients to obtain information and explanations to inform the tax analysis
- Responding to HMRC enquiries
- Preparing claims for R&D and patent box reliefs
- Running transfer pricing benchmarking reports and producing documentation
- Property inspections and producing capital allowances claims
- Undertaking tax due diligence work
- Drafting tax reports for an acquisition, disposal or restructuring
- Undertaking technical research and presenting findings
- Liaising with clients and other advisers
- Tax modelling
- Liaising with other FTI segments e.g. Restructuring and Transaction Advisory Services
- Researching company or sector specific opportunities
- Assisting with preparation of pitches for new jobs
- Assisting with client and engagement management
Examples of our work:
We act for a world-famous high-end department store. As well as providing day-to-day corporate tax compliance for the group, we also undertake project work including transfer pricing reviews, the implementation of asset-backed pension funding, the maximisation of loss-relief, and the provision of advice on potential property acquisitions.
Private Equity Client
We act for a large US private equity fund in relation to its ownership of a UK hotel portfolio. Our advice has covered a wide range of tax aspects in relation to group restructurings, pre-sale due diligence, management incentive schemes, transfer pricing and capital allowances, as well as corporate tax compliance and reporting. One major project involved our Associates travelling to survey every hotel. This is just one example of the early client exposure and responsibility we offer our graduates.
What we can offer you
You will join as an Associate on a three-year training contract that encompasses working towards becoming both a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser under the new ACA CTA Joint Programme. We are committed to the development of our people and our in-house training scheme will complement your studies. Career progression is along a clearly defined route, with regular appraisals and professional guidance.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for ambitious, motivated people with good written and spoken communications to join our fast-growing team. Candidates should have, or be expecting, a first or upper second class degree and at least 320 UCAS points based on your 3 top grades.
- Applicants should be well rounded self-starters, have a head for numbers and be able to demonstrate a clear, logical thought process.
- FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For details on how to apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!