Corporate Finance - Restructuring - Graduate Associate
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About the Corporate Finance Restructuring opportunity:
The Corporate Finance Restructuring Practice is capable of delivering the most complex financial restructuring solutions to stakeholder groups. We provide analytical services to debtors, creditors and other stakeholders of companies experiencing unfavourable situations arising from liquidity problems, over-leverage, under-performance, right-sizing or other business transition issues. FTI has over 800 restructuring specialists globally and a high quality team of 55 professionals in Europe. With client service in mind, FTI recruits experienced talent from nationally recognised accounting and restructuring firms, corporations, industries and investment banks.
As part of our Restructuring team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of fast-paced international restructuring and insolvency assignments. This graduate position is within our Restructuring team and is initially focussed on corporate insolvency cases (e.g. administrations, liquidations, company voluntary arrangements, receiverships). Insolvency appointments are required in a wide range of scenarios and can be used to deliver a restructuring solution, as well as in scenarios where a restructuring cannot be achieved to seek to sell or close the business.
What will you do?
Day to day responsibilities will vary depending on projects but are likely to include:
- • Accounting and cashiering responsibilities for insolvency cases
- • Dealing with various aspects of insolvency case management and compliance
- • Setting up and maintaining files
- • Updating data analysis and spreadsheets
- • Assisting in preparation of reports for creditors and other key stakeholders
- • Dealing with employee matters
- • Assisting in the ongoing operations of trading businesses in administration
- • Handling of queries from creditors and other stakeholders
- • Assisting more senior staff as required e.g. realisation of assets, sale of business
- • Researching company or sector specific opportunities
- • Assisting with preparation of pitches for new projects
- • Preparing ad hoc market analysis
- • Data manipulation / analysis for live projects
What we are looking for:
If you have, or are expecting a first or upper second class degree and are looking for a career in a firm that will give you the opportunities to succeed, then we encourage you to apply.
Any degree discipline will be considered however candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to think logically and work with numbers. We are particularly interested in candidates with quantitative or semi-quantitative backgrounds for example degrees in mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, chemistry, economics, business, management, accounting and finance are typical. However, if you have demonstrated strong numerical skills at A Level a numerical degree is not essential.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are also essential as the role will involve communications with a varied group of stakeholders – for example management, lenders, employees and suppliers.
We look for highly analytical graduates who are able to think critically and think on their feet. Under the ACCA, you will work towards becoming a Chartered Accountant. We are committed to the development of our people and our in-house and on the job training will complement your studies. Career progression is along a clearly defined route, with regular appraisals and professional guidance.
The application process:
- Please click the apply button
- Please ensure you attach both a CV and covering letter when applying
- Please also submit your answers to the following questions in a supporting document:
- What attracts you to working in the insolvency team at FTI Consulting
- Please summarise a recent insolvency case you’ve read about in the news and explain why the company has failed
- Only candidates who submit all documents will be considered
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!