Forensic and Litigation Consulting - Data and Analytics
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About The Opportunity
The Data and Analytics (D&A) practice is a global team of experienced data experts with offices in key business hubs around the world providing intensive analytics and delivering strategic business solutions for client matters involving large and disparate sets of financial, operational and transactional data. Our objective is to make data tell a story, revealing truths underlying commercial disputes, regulatory inquiries and operational activities.
D&A consultants will be required to apply their knowledge in developing diverse solutions to numerous clients often in distressed situations. The areas of investigation include litigation, regulatory investigation, compliance, and accounting and fraud issues among many others.
- Identify, acquire, synthesise, mine and analyse diverse and voluminous client data
- Implement systems/processes to transform and consolidate disparate sets of data according to business rules
- Work both with senior elements and directly with clients and stakeholders to understand and identify their requirements
- Perform analytical work, individually and in project teams
- Guarantee the quality of the delivered work, by performing quality control checks and quality control documentation
- Implement and run data tasks such as: data analysis, predictive analysis, data visualization
- Graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 bachelor’s degree in a subject that involves computer science, technology or data analytics
- Proficiency in RDBMS design and implementation (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or other)
- Proficiency in at least one SQL language extension (T-SQL, PL/SQL or other)
- Experience with scripting languages such as PERL or Python
- Ability to perform in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Passion for problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Ability to be a team player and interact with client personnel
- Willingness to research, analyse and develop new skills
- Flexibility with respect to assigned engagements and tasks due to changing deadlines, deliverables and priorities
- Awareness of accounting, finance and information system terminology
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), interpersonal and organisational skills
Candidates must be willing and able to travel at short notice
- Data visualisation experience
- Forensic investigations experience
- Mathematical or statistical analysis experience
- MBA or MSc in a field involving computer science, data analytics/science, or information systems
- Fluency in at least one language other than English
What We Offer You:
As a graduate in our globally-managed D&A team, you will have a development plan that follows our six-year framework. Through internal and external training you will build the capabilities required to perform and communicate intensive analyses on an evolving universe of structured data. We guide you in gaining certifications and recognised achievements such as SQL, programming languages and data visualisation. We have a global network of offices, as well as global clients, which gives you the opportunity to work overseas and to help grow our practices early in your career.
We can also offer you:
- A very competitive salary and benefits package
- The chance to be part of interesting and challenging projects that will develop your technical and professional capabilities
- The chance to work with experienced professionals from a range of backgrounds and expertise
- A well-defined career path with regular appraisals and professional guidance
FTI Consulting offers a competitive and attractive reward package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your full potential.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!