Strategic Communications - Graduate Consultant
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies. With more than 25 years’ of experience advising management teams through their communications needs, our teams of Consultants work closely with the businesses they advise by developing strategies to enhance, develop and defend their reputation and market share through the way they communicate with stakeholders and the public. Proactively positioning clients and building their public stories is key to our day-to-day work and being on-hand with tested solutions and advice for crisis points is where our expertise adds value to the businesses we work with.
We have over 700 strategic communications consultants in more than 25 key markets and 14 countries around the world, with plans to grow further. We combine global reach with critical local knowledge. Our Consultants work with teams and their clients in London, with many projects offering the opportunity to gain exposure to businesses across the globe.
Our London-based programme gives graduates the opportunity to rotate between different industry sector teams, including a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences. The rotations through each team, will provide a unique insight and overview of all your possible career paths within the Strategic Communications practice.
Following the rotations, graduates are able to submit their preferred speciality choices which will be considered when allocating teams.
Graduates undertake an extensive training programme from leading industry experts and advisors. Our unique structure also provides graduates with constant exposure to senior colleagues and client representatives from day one.
Our Graduates have the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience across public affairs, corporate, financial, digital and change communications within a number of different industry practices. By rotating through different expert sector teams, Consultants on our graduate scheme have the chance to gain exposure to an incredibly diverse roster of clients, from fast-growing start-ups to FTSE 100 industry leaders.
When you join the Strategic Communications graduate scheme you will be part of a larger graduate group both within the Communications segment and wider FTI Consulting. You will therefore have the support of everyone around you. There are regular personal development training sessions, networking events and other social activities to get involved in with other graduates.
Types of work you will be involved in:
- Research tasks for existing clients/pitch proposals
- Summary/analytical tasks, gauging audience and communications impact
- Press release writing
- Coverage round-ups and analysis
- Calls with journalists and sell-side analysts – selling in press releases/events/company results feedback in addition to the experience you will gain, we offer:
- A competitive salary, discretionary bonus and an extensive benefits package
- Industry specialist teams, allowing you to gain in-depth knowledge
- Excellent training and development opportunities throughout your career at FTI Consulting with a 10 month tailored curriculum for our Strategic Communications
- The opportunity to quickly progress to a Consultant following successful completion of the graduate scheme
In addition, there will be regular learning and development opportunities working alongside leading advisers in the industry and with specialist client teams. You will also have the opportunity to take part in the mentoring programme.
To make sure that you get the most out of the scheme you will be supported throughout the scheme by your performance coach and buddies in each of your rotations in addition to your Human Resources team.
What we look for:
- A desire to work in Communications
- 2:1 degree (or equivalent) and the equivalent of ABB at A-Level
- Some relevant work experience
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinking
- Proactivity and initiative taking
We also want our Consultants to be enthusiastic about the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead. Consultants who can demonstrate flexibility and prove their ability to succinctly grasp and summarise complex issues to their peers and clients are essential to our business.
The closing date for applications is midnight 31 January 2019.