Gerald Eve is a firm of international property consultants based in the UK. We operate a national network of nine offices and an international alliance of independent real estate providers covering Europe and major US markets. We have one of the highest partner-client ratios for our sector. Our hands-on style produces exceptional results and offers a unique relationship which, we believe, sets us apart from our competitors.
We act for the public and private sector, including over 40 per cent of the FTSE 100. Our turnover in year to April 2017 was £62m and we have been in The Sunday Times’ ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ six times, most recently in 2016. It is our people who are at the heart of this success; flourishing in a friendly yet highly professional environment.
We have the following business groups:
- Planning and Development: Our planning team provides strategic planning advice to guide our clients through the planning system, including the preparation and submission of planning applications. We ensure all aspects of the planning process are addressed at the outset – including consultation, affordable housing, highways and transport, section 106 requirements, conservation and heritage issues - in order that we help our clients achieve the optimum planning consent possible.
- Consultancy: including lease consultancy, residential leasehold reform, business rates appeals, building consultancy, valuation, compensation and compulsory purchase, property taxation and corporate recovery.
- Transactions: we have agency teams specialising in a wide range of sectors ranging from education and healthcare to industrial, retail, offices and leisure.
- Corporate asset management: we manage property portfolios on behalf of investors and landlords as well as a number of companies such as Carlsberg UK, Charles Wells, InBEV, Gondola and Whitbread. This means we do everything for them from paying business rates to buying and selling property.
Our excellent track record on first-time passes for MRICS or MRTPI is due to the commitment of our trainees and the quality of our graduate training programme.
- RICS Department rotations: for graduates on a commercial property practice pathway we’ll offer you the opportunity to discover which area you’d like to specialise in – our London trainees work in four specialised departments for a period of six months, working with the team and contributing to client work; whereas our regional graduates will work in one multi-disciplinary team for the whole two year period.
- RTPI Graduates: graduates sit in either our London or Manchester office in the planning and development team. Involvement in different projects over the two years enables graduates to gain all the competencies required to qualify.
- Formal training sessions: you’ll continue to improve your knowledge with workshops, seminars and practical training sessions both with our APC trainer and at external conferences.
- Continued Professional Development (CPD): as a Gerald Eve trainee, you will automatically become a member of the CPD Foundation and be invited to relevant conferences and events throughout the country.
- Supervision: our strong team of experienced APC supervisors and counsellors will mentor you through the training process. You will also have a dedicated HR Manager who will help you through the APC process.
What are we looking for?
We recruit around ten graduates a year, mostly based at our main office in London’s West End, although opportunities do arise in our London City and regional offices.
- Personal qualities: we are looking for emerging talent – graduates with good qualifications, personality, commercial acumen and spark.
- Additional skills: we’d like you to have a RICS or RTPI accredited degree and a proven commitment to a career in property. You’ll need to be ICT competent and demonstrate excellent people and communication skills.
For Gerald Eve, widening participation starts with reaching out to more students by visiting a wider range of universities in search of future talent. We recognise the Firm has to support employees through difficulties, and assist where possible with changes in circumstances. One such employee assistance initiative is to remove the monetary constraints of looking for somewhere suitable to live. Gerald Eve recognises that moving home within the private rented sector is competitive, and can be expensive. Affording a deposit can be a barrier to moving, and therefore a barrier to being able to make lifestyle choices. Employees can apply for a loan to meet the cost of a deposit for a rental property, paying the loan back over a period of time direct from their salary. The rental deposit scheme helps individuals to exercise greater choice in where and how they live their lives, and it complements wider efforts to support employees across socio-economic barriers. But reaching out to a wider range of potential employees, we have a longstanding culture of openness, something that has served the firm well, but we’re always looking to see if there’s more we can do.
Internships / placements
There are currently no vacancies on TARGETjobs. Please check back soon.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!