Operations Management Graduate Scheme
A two year programme, our Operations Management Graduate scheme provides first-hand experience of leading people, in addition to essential knowledge of our business operation.
- Consisting of at least two placements across the two year programme, based at one of our 18 UK-wide operational depots.
- Our graduates join us as a Team Manager, taking responsibility for managing a shift and a team of up to 30 people in our Warehouses and Transport teams.
- The environment is fast-paced and not your normal 9-5 and you will experience a full 24 hour operational cycle. You will be required to work shifts, nights and weekends in order to ensure that our operation continues to deliver for our customer. You could be in our fridges at 2am on a Saturday night ensuring that our customers are getting their product or liaising with our drivers to make sure the lorries are meeting deadlines and have agreed routes around the UK that will reach our customers, in good time.
- Your development will continue throughout your placements, where you will take on additional senior site management responsibilities and also have the opportunity to hone your people management skills, as well as to further develop your commercial and operational acumen.
- During the course of the scheme, you will have the opportunity to move into business solutions, network planning centre and global freight or to remain within the operation and progress your management skillset.
- The placements are designed to give you exposure to the key operational areas within our business – all with the overall aim of developing your management capabilities.
Due to the nature of our scheme you must be flexible with your location of employment for the duration of the scheme, as you could be based in any one of our numerous UK sites for each of your placements.