Operations Management Industrial Placement
Our Industrial Placement schemes are a year-long opportunity for penultimate- year university students as part of their four or five year sandwich-degree course. The scheme offers students the chance to gain a strong start to their career by gaining valuable work experience within a thriving, fast-paced business.
- You will join as a Team Manager within one of our operational sites. As part of the wider site management team you will be responsible for managing a shift and a team of up to 30 people from day 1, working within the warehouse and transport divisions.
- The environment is fast-paced and not your normal 9-5 and you will experience a full 24 hour operational cycle through various shifts and operational peaks, including Christmas.
- You will therefore be required to work shifts, at points, on nights and over weekends in order to ensure that our operation continues to deliver for our customer. You could be in our fridges at 2am on a Saturday night ensuring that our customers are getting their product, or liaising with our drivers to make sure our vehicles are meeting deadlines, and have agreed routes around the UK that will reach our customers in good time.
- You could be placed at any one of our UK sites and so geographic mobility is important, as well as the possession of a full driving license and a car.
- You will gain opportunities throughout your placement year to gain further experience in some of the wider business functions. Eg: Business Solutions, Our Network Planning Centre or Global Freight.