GLG’s mission is to transform the way top professionals share expertise and learn. We curate custom learning experiences with professionals and thought leaders around the world. GLG organizes conversations, small group meetings, mentorships, surveys, and other interactions with a membership of more than 425,000 experts and thought leaders. Technology-driven and nimble, our 1200 employees work in 22 offices around the globe. GLG is the world’s largest membership for professional learning.
How We Work
GLG provides access to timely and essential viewpoints across every business sector. We serve clients in financial and investment institutions, professional service firms, life sciences, the Fortune 500, and entrepreneurs. Our clients leverage GLG experts to provide knowledge on macro issues down to the most specific topics. Our experts include business leaders, academics, scientists, doctors, policy specialists, economic advisors, and many others.
What could you learn from the world’s leading companies? How could that exposure help you grow?
You will gain access to incredible experience, insights and skills that will serve you during your career at GLG and beyond. Our employees are alumni of leading academic institutions and top-tier firms worldwide, with diverse backgrounds ranging from medicine and law to education. Those who work here are ambitious, leading-edge thinkers.
Working with us means being part of an entrepreneurial enterprise where teamwork is a key component to success. Our employees go the extra mile to ensure that targets are reached and expectations are consistently exceeded.
Research teams are the engine of GLG. Our research professionals work closely with leaders at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, professional services firms, startups, and nonprofits on the critical decisions they make every day around the world. We work in research teams across industries, becoming the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground experience. And then we propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, reports, and site tours. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves as well as our clients.
The EMEA Financial Services team, based in London, serves users at the leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Private Equity funds, Hedge funds, Mutual and Sovereign Funds. We have 22 offices around the globe, with our Global Headquarters in New York City. Our state-of-the-art office space in London is located in One Fitzroy Place, in the heart of one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in London, Fitzrovia. Our teams based in London work with clients across the EMEA region, particularly our French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Nordic clients; meaning or London team regularly use their language skills in their day to day roles.
The Graduate Associate Training Programme includes consistent training sessions to teach valuable skills, develop confidence and indulge curiosity. Our fun, team-focused environment includes community outreach and volunteer programmes, various team-building activities, many fun events and celebrations.
GLG aims to attract graduate candidates, ideally with experience or a desire to work in account management, relationship management or business development environments. Through the graduate associate training programme, we aim to develop you into long-term employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across the company, we look for individuals who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Graduate Research Associate Responsibilities Include:
- Completing the intensive graduate training period;
- Growing and developing our membership of experts through targeted outreach;
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service;
- Executing custom projects across client firms – including consultations, surveys, and special projects;
- Maintaining full accountability and responsibility for client accounts;
- Focusing on policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements; and
- Working with our Business Development team to create a strategy to grow revenue on existing accounts and find new business.
- Attend roundtable events with industry thought leaders, in-house speaker events, internal training and development programmes and a host of social events!
- Graduate Research Associate Training Programme; Personal Development:
As a GLG Graduate Research Associate, you go through a number of personal development steps designed to support you to:
- Grow in a fast-paced environment;
- Work collaboratively to develop knowledge of client relationships;
- Master communication skills required to build deep relationships with senior c-suite executives and our clients;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, account management, professional conduct, business development, communication, negotiation, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively engage and support clients;
- Develop relationships with clients and thought leaders to provide top-level service;
- Collaborate with internal partners to exceed client expectations;
- Mentor newer professionals.
- Graduate Research Associate Requirements:
The Graduate Associate Training Programme seek graduate applicants with bachelors or masters degrees from colleges and universities; or equivalent work experience. The following requirements will strengthen your application:
- Fluency in English and 1 or more European language is preferred but not a requirement (i.e. German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian etc.);
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Experience or desire to work in account management, business development or relationship management;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time;
- Undergraduate or graduate result of 2:1 or higher.
Internships / placements
There are currently no vacancies on TARGETjobs. Please check back soon.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!