Graduate Economics and Policy Associate
This individual will be responsible for supporting GLG client relationships with investment professionals in our EMEA Financial Services business. As such, they will work closely with the local GLG team in facilitating primary research via engagements with some of the world’s leading politicians, economists, lawyers, and former government and international officials.
Associates are responsible for driving GLG’s underlying business processes, growing and developing our membership of experts through targeted outreach, solving and fulfilling timely client research requests, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between members of GLG’s council and our clients, to help our clients learn and enable them to make more informed and confident investment decisions. Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests. This requires an understanding of the issues through independent research and assembling a panel of qualified authorities to consult. GLG arranged interactions often consist of telephone consultations but also include in-person meetings both in office and on the road, trial monitoring, and in-depth research engagements, among others.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Associates work to expand GLG’s relationships with some of the world’s leading political thinkers and legal authorities. This requires the employment of sophisticated communications to demonstrate GLG’s value proposition as a learning platform that provides benefit to all parties.
- Engaging with experts. Attend roundtable events with industry thought leaders, in-house speaker events, internal training and development programs and a host of social events
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. We expect Associates to clearly articulate the compliance advantages of GLG’s platform generally, and to learn the unique compliance considerations for LERA Council Members.
- Team-wide collaboration. Associates are expected to collaborate with team members across all of GLG’s offices to deliver the best client service and to work closely with our colleagues in Business Development and sector-specialized research teams to develop customized solutions.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate or graduate result of 2:1 or higher
- Demonstrated interest in law or politics
- Interest in global economics and financial markets
- Entrepreneurial attitude and strong work ethic
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!