Graduate Research Associate - Spanish speakers
GLG is the world’s largest membership network for one-on-one professional learning, comprising more than 500,000 thought leaders and practitioners, including business leaders, scientists, academics, former public sector leaders and the top subject matter specialists. We serve users at more than 1,400 client companies in 40 countries. These clients include Fortune 500 companies in nearly every sector and the leading professional services firms and financial institutions.
Associates have an exciting opportunity to build this network of industry experts, gaining first-hand experience in how to service our clients, build relationships and develop a working knowledge across a range of industries and geographies.
Associates make an immediate impact shaping the way GLG’s clients learn and make key strategic decisions by working with opinion leaders and senior level industry executives.
Associates will work with colleagues in a team environment, to undertake the following tasks:
- Build their knowledge of industries and sectors: Develop a working knowledge across sectors, including; Energy and Industrials, Healthcare, Technology, Media and Telecoms, Consumer Goods and Services and Financial and Business Services, alongside macro and political affairs. There is the opportunity to specialise in a sector too.
- Recruit industry thought leaders: Efficiently research different populations of thought leaders on an array of subjects, contacting them about consulting projects and events and developing a working relationship with these people to build our network of industry experts
- Grow client relationships: Work with GLG clients in the European investment sector to understand their research needs, putting them in touch with a choice of experts to help them gain industry insight and make more informed investment decisions
- Work across GLG products and services: Execute on a range of client projects, from phone interactions, roundtable events, surveys, written reports and research trips.
Throughout the training program, Associates will have the opportunity to;
- Learn about GLG’s investment and financial services client base
- Master communication skills required to build deep relationships with senior c-suite executives and our clients
- Develop excellent project management skills
- Attend roundtable events with industry thought leaders, in-house speaker events, internal training and development programmes and a host of social events!
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive academic and professional backgrounds. We are looking for smart, curious individuals that have a passion for learning and want to join a fast paced environment where no two days are the same!
For this position, we seek recent graduates with a minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) bachelors or master’s degree from top-tier universities or graduates with up to 12 months experience in the workplace. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in the investment management sector
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Experience in building relationships and communicating with customers or clients
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!