Graduate Research Associate 2018
GLG is the world’s largest membership network for one-on-one professional learning, comprising more than 500,000 thought leaders and practitioners, including business leaders, scientists, academics, former public sector leaders and the top subject matter specialists. We serve users at more than 1,400 client companies in 40 countries. These clients include Fortune 500 companies in nearly every sector and the leading professional services firms and financial institutions.
The EMEA Financial Services team, based in London, serves users at the leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Private Equity funds, Hedge funds, Mutual and Sovereign Funds. Our state-of-the-art office space in London is located in One Fitzroy Place, in the heart of one of the most vibrant neighbourhoods in London, Fitzrovia. Our teams based in London work with clients and industry executives across the EMEA region, meaning our London team regularly use their language skills in their day to day roles, particularly French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Nordic.
Research teams are the engine of GLG. We work across industries, becoming the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground experience. And then we propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, roundtables, reports, and site tours. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves as well as our clients.
GLG is seeking new and recent graduates to join our Research Associate Program in London, who have a strong interest in excelling at best-in-class client service in a fast growth, and team-oriented environment.
After completing an initial training period, Research Associates spend the first nine to twelve months focused on recruiting new experts into GLG’s global membership and learning client service skills. Research Associates are promoted to Senior Research Associates after achieving specific quantitative and qualitative goals. Senior Associates work directly with our clients to help them learn and make better decisions every day. Senior Research Associates do so by facilitating custom learning solutions and expanding their account management responsibilities.
Senior Research Associates can rapidly progress into full account management roles, as well as Team Leadership in as little as three years.
Research Associate responsibilities include:
- Recruiting new experts to join our global membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods
- Interacting with GLG’s experts on a daily basis to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests
- Supporting more senior team members on all aspects of client engagement, including researching topics and industries relevant to our clients
- Learning our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements
- Developing relationships with senior executives to support a broad range of premium products, such as roundtables etc.
- Towards end of tenure, learning basic client-facing skills
After achieving the goals of an Associate within nine to twelve months, key Senior Research Associate responsibilities include:
- Executing custom learning projects for clients
- Engaging with clients daily by phone to understand and serve their learning needs and provide exceptional service
- Continuing to recruit new experts to join our membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods
- Maintaining accountability and responsibility for client projects and the overall client experience
- Collaborating with our Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure retention on existing accounts
- Mentoring new graduates by sharing best practices
As a Research Associate, you will learn skills such as:
- Fast, “on the spot” problem solving, by researching new topics that are top of mind in the investment community
- Advanced executive communication (oral and written) by engaging senior executives and thought leaders from day one
- Understanding the learning needs of our clients to deploy a broad range of custom products
- Effective collaboration with colleagues on and across teams and superior time management skills
GLG seeks to attract employees from diverse personal, academic and professional backgrounds. We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission to transform how professionals learn and who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
The following requirements will strengthen your application:
- Fluency in English;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time;
- Undergraduate or graduate result of 2:1 or higher.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!