Graduate Graphic Designer
Organisation: Nicholas Associates Group
Division: NA Consulting/NA Group Marketing (Sheffield based)
Vacancy type: Graduate vacancy
Job title: Junior Graphics Designer
Reporting to the Design Project Manager, we are seeking to appoint a creative, innovative and highly ambitious Junior Graphics Designer to our team. You will support the NA Consulting and NA Group Marketing Teams to design and develop professional brand design materials, both for print, presentation and digital outputs. Specifically, you will be working on producing Learning, Development and Training materials, graphics, advertising and marketing collateral.
- Design a range of branded materials working within internal and client brand guidelines
- Produce graphics and other assets for a range of media including; presentations, brochures, posters, adverts, e-shots, leaflets and other learning and development materials.
- Interpret high level requirements from a brief and translate into great designs by prototyping concepts and working mock-ups for both colleagues and clients.
- Work in a fast paced environment to strict internal and client deadlines.
- Take a proactive approach to communicating with your line manager, internal colleagues and external clients on a regular basis through all stages of a project using planning, organisation and project management techniques.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions for improvement regarding business products and services.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions for improvement regarding business processes, keeping abreast of technical developments, evaluating, recommending, and implementing new technologies and graphic ideas where possible.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as determined by the needs of the business.
- Degree qualified or due to pass within the next few months (BA preferred)
- Great visual design skills and a good understanding of graphics and layout (use of colours, typography, print production and branding guidelines)
- A passion for graphics design, emerging technologies, and good design practice
- A portfolio of previous experience designing materials, websites and other graphics
- Comfortable with most of the Adobe creative suite in particular, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks (Strong candidates will have experience with developing graphics in vector format as well as bitmap)
- Familiarity with technical challenges, design patterns, and industry trends
- Have used Adobe InDesign for professional use
- Have experience with audio editing or with intent to learn
- Familiar in using animation for web and video or with intent to learn
- Very organised with files, version control and storage solutions
Other qualities we are looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Commitment to excellent quality and customer service
- Good communication
- Judgement and decision making
- Leadership, taking responsibility
- Planning and organising
- Proactive approach
- Self-motivation, drive and determination
- Sense of humour
- Team player
If you are interested in this placement please apply by clicking on the link below or contact Graduate Talent Solutions for further details.
Graduate Talent Solutions is the UK's leading graduate recruitment specialists with nationwide opportunities for graduates across all industry sectors, including; HR, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Construction and ICT. We place graduates in permanent positions with our clients, as well as 5-6 month paid work placements directly linked to your future career choice - more than two thirds of our placements directly end with permanent graduate positions.
Graduate Talent Solutions is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!