Public Sector Audit Graduate (5-month fixed term contract, starting March 2019)
Looking for a fulfilling role? One that can have a wider impact on society? At Grant Thornton, that's precisely what we offer. A role where you can have your ideas implemented. Your opinions heard. Your contributions valued. Not just by your colleagues, but by coveted clients. And the opportunity to inspire changes that can be felt wider than our business, helping us achieve our bold and ambitious vision of shaping a vibrant economy for the UK and beyond. It's a compelling mix. So bring your passion, ambitions and inspiration, and together let’s make it happen.
In audit, you'll hit the ground running, which will involve visiting client sites as part of a small team soon after you start. Strong client relationships are at the heart of being an effective business adviser. When you start, you'll be expected to get stuck in, develop deep relationships and ask the right questions to cut to the core of your client's business. Public sector audit focuses on public bodies, government departments and national services. The scope for making a difference is huge, our people who work in this area are proud of the value they bring on a daily basis.
Join us for a five-month placement and you'll gain a full insight into our clients, our business and life as a Public Sector Audit associate. During your placement you'll experience real client work, learning and development opportunities and you’ll take on the same responsibilities as a first year graduate.
This opportunity will help you grow your skills to shape your career within the team and at Grant Thornton. If the placement goes well, there may be potential to move onto a trainee graduate programme in 2018/2019.
What you'll be doing:
· You'll get involved in all aspects of the audit, giving you an in-depth insight into real business right from the very beginning
· You'll be examining accounts, carrying out audit tests, attending stock takes and completing audit files
· We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients
· You’ll have the opportunity to attend and participate in client meetings with senior members of our clients’ workforce
· You’ll deliver audit work for completion including preparing or reviewing work papers and drafts of the financial statement
· You’ll communicate any issues relating to an audit with Executives including matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage.
Who we're looking for:
· You should share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect & Responsibility
· Independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge or be challenged
· Always striving to grow yourself, you should be driven to succeed with the ability to see tasks through to the end and remain agile, even when things don’t go to plan
· Passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential. Able to analyse the numbers and back them up with strategic advice, you must be a great relationship builder who can inspire everyone around you with your insight and ideas. You should also work well with others and take ownership of the part you play
This role will commence on 4 March, and will end on 31 July.
We consider academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are more important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
At Grant Thornton, we are committed to creating a working environment where all colleagues are treated equally, where differences are understood and respected, and everyone feels valued and able to perform at their best. This is our aspiration.