GroupGTI is a market leading provider of early talent products and services, including TARGETjobs.co.uk, the UK’s largest graduate recruitment website. We help organisations recruit top talent and provide students with the best possible careers resources to help them make better decisions about their future. GroupGTI offers numerous services within graduate recruitment, including media, events, research, managed recruitment and technology. We work alongside over 3,000 corporate and academic clients with operations across Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America and Australia and are proud to offer the very best products, resources and services at every stage from education to employment.
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Developer to join our Oxfordshire support development team. The role is quite varied technical work in three main areas, support, testing and cloud based software development. Our role is fairly unique in that it not only offers engagement with complex real life client issues early on but also you would be working with a range of technologies in enterprise web applications and web sites built using very different languages and platforms. You must be passionate about wanting to begin a career with a forward thinking business working with web technology, core software development, mobile, and backend systems including web servers, relational databases and search technology.
Progression is excellent. We would expect the role to lead to a role in one of our core software development and architecture teams, however this depends on you. Depending on where your strengths and ability lies there are many longer term opportunities within the business available in return for hard work, ingenuity and commitment.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s university degree – at least 2:2 class achieved
- Computer Science or related course
- Genuine interest in writing code
- Able to solve problems logically, both independently and as part of a team
- Experience coding in Java and PHP
- Experience with SQL databases
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
Ideal but not essential:
- Commercial work experience in a technical role
What you will be doing:
Working with the existing development teams to:
- Coding and development of new features to cloud based applications
- Testing and fixing existing bugs
- Research new technologies
- Support and maintenance of production systems. This will involve managing 2nd line support issues, communicating with core support team and client where necessary.
- Analysis and identification of problems and fixing the problems.
What opportunities you will get:
- Learning from a team of highly experienced developers and technical leads that have many years working with enterprise systems
- Work with a range of server technologies including Drupal, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Apache Solr, IIS, SQL Server, and MySQL
- To use web services including SOAP and REST
- Exposure to new cutting edge technologies
- Learn to build mobile applications and websites that use responsive design
- Experience with a range of development tools including Jira, Mercurial, IDEs, and Maven
- Interaction with client base including global banks, media, and academic/ university institutions
Salary and Benefits:
- Permanent role, with a 3 month probationary period
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Salary – £25,000
- Training for continued professional development
- Flexible working environment
- Automatically enrolled onto Company pension scheme after 3 month qualifying period, with employee contributing 3% of monthly salary and GTI will match employee contributions up to a maximum of 5% of monthly salary
- Initial 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holiday, rising by 1 day per year
- Childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity/paternity policies and life assurance cover after 3 month qualifying period.
Interested in joining the leader in early careers recruitment technology? Please click the apply button and send a CV and cover note explaining your motivation for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!