New Customer Sales Executive
Working within a vibrant and very busy media sales team, you will be responsible for developing relationships (from scratch) with a broad range of employers of graduates and apprentices. You will develop a set of sales / commercial skills (with our support and training) that will enable you to understand the needs of this group; effectively match our products to their needs and hopefully add them to our customer list.
You will be expected to make high volume calls by phone and in time, face to face visits; meaning that frequent contact with and sales to this prospective customer group will be your main priority. Working directly with the New Customer Director, you will be focused entirely on selling to and ‘on boarding’ new customers, making sure that they get as much value from our products and services as possible and helping to develop their value to GTI in the first year in your role as their account manager.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To sell graduate, internship, apprentice and school - leaver recruitment advertising solutions to UK clients across GTI Media’s product portfolio, with a priority focus on our digital/online products.
- Grow the level of quality job content on TARGETjobs and TARGETcareers
- Achieve at least 20 effective calls a day and minimum of 2-3 hours per day on the telephone
- Chase and follow up leads from competitor sites, historic data, specialist B2B sites, regional job sites and career fairs
- Understand the GTI Media portfolio and the key USPs vs competitors
- Use our internal CRM system and excel worksheets to compile records of companies contacted, their contact details, dates/length of any trials given. Keep records for each day’s activity and submit to New Customer Director at the end of each day for review
- Analyse and provide response statistics for on-boarded clients and implement changes where necessary as part of an account management approach
You will be measured in a number of ways including sales results, CRM system reporting, call activity, client feedback, feedback from other internal departments and general day to day monitoring by your line manager.
Your sales skills development, knowledge and attitude will form the basis of your probation period.
Work Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Sales experience (work experience) in a B2B environment would be an advantage, although a desire to develop and succeed as a salesperson and thrive in a commercial environment is enough as long as you can demonstrate it!
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – which we will test you on!
- Computer literate – MS Office, email, web, digital
- Analytical and comfortable with compiling and delivering reports to senior managers
- Excellent phone and conversational skills
Competencies & Attitude
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Resilient & persistent
- Self-motivated, driven and determined
- Willing to learn and use own initiative
- Target and goal focused
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and self-manage
- Attention to detail
- Reliable, well organised and accurate
- Professional at all times including time keeping and appearance
- Permanent role –37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday – 9.00 – 5.30pm
- 3 month probationary period
- Online analytical and market place training provided
- Starting salary £22,500 - £25,000 per annum plus commission (based on a generous % bonus paid on all sales and achieving monthly targets)
- Benefits: Contributory Pension up to 5% after passing 3 month probationary period, Initial 25 day’s holiday, Childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity/paternity policies, life assurance scheme.
To apply for this role, please submit your covering letter along with your CV via the 'Apply by email' button.
About Group GTI and GTI Media:
Group GTI is Europe’s leading provider of graduate careers information and services to graduate recruiters and universities. Through our websites (such as TARGETjobs.co.uk), publications and events we offer unrivalled advice and information for students moving from education to employment. For graduate employers and recruiters, we offer access to top quality students through an unbeatable range of media products and services.
Our largest operations are in the UK and Ireland. However we are increasingly working with clients across Europe and beyond. With 30 years’ experience and over 1,300 corporate clients, we are proud of helping young people make their first choices of employer.
GTI Media Ltd publishes over 80 market-leading careers products in our mission to help students and graduates throughout the world make better decisions about their future. In the UK, our major brands are TARGETjobs, TARGETpostgrad and TARGETcareers; in Ireland, we are the official careers publisher for all universities with our gradireland range of products. In addition, we are the publishing partners for 12 of the finest universities and business schools in the UK and Ireland through our Careers Service Guide range.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!