Social Media Assistant
Reporting to our Digital Marketing Lead within the online team, you will be responsible for delivery and execution of social media content and reporting.
Our brands include; TARGETjobs – for undergraduates and TARGETcareers Futurewise – for school leavers. We also work with some of the largest early careers recruiters in the UK via our TARGETrecruit brand, a managed recruitment service. As part of TARGETrecruit’s service we manage and/or support clients who are graduate employers with their student facing careers social media.
We’re looking for a candidate with a keen interest in engaging social content, developing a social media following and measuring success. It’s an interesting role as it’s effectively split 50/50 supporting two key areas of our business. One area is working on social media content for TARGETjobs and other GTI brands. The second area is working on the social media content and deployment of a client, a major household name media and technology employer. It’s an exciting opportunity as although there is crossover between the two areas, slightly different strategies need to be utilised as the target audiences and messaging is different. Your aim will be to exceed current benchmarks and audience engagement targets whilst actively developing your knowledge and skills.
Working across our business with various teams including - editorial, events and marketing - will give you the scope to have a significant impact on our digital marketing strategy and exciting client projects.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to travel to work one day a week from either our London office or alternatively the media and technology client’s London office. There may be some occasional additional travel to university careers fairs where required.
As Social Media Assistant you will:
- Schedule daily social media content for both GTI and media and technology client’s student facing channels - meeting KPI’s surrounding scheduling deadlines, follower growth and engagement benchmarks
- Utilise new and existing content to deliver social media messaging across client accounts - working within employer brand ‘tone-of-voice’ and meeting predetermined SLA’s and targets
- Provide regular reporting to stakeholders regarding social media activity, follower growth and engagement benchmarks
- Collaborate with our marketing team to publish relevant content in line with campaign and careers fair activity
- Work alongside our editorial team to ensure the promotion of timely content – and support building the profile of our sector channels across social media channels
- Work alongside our events team to promote our student facing insight events throughout the year
- Regularly think of creative ways we can engage our social media followers in line with wider company objectives
- Support the Digital Marketing Lead to roll out other GTI campaigns when necessary
The successful applicant must:
- Have a passion for everything social; including content, engagement and channel growth
- Be driven to develop their skills and abilities within digital marketing
- Be a creative ‘out of the box’ thinker, with confidence using data and analysing numbers
- Understand the higher education system and early careers recruitment in the UK
- Be able to effectively use Microsoft Office including Excel
- Be confident at presenting ideas and getting buy-in from stakeholders
- Be able to work one day a week from our London office
- Permanent role –37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday – 9.00 – 5.30pm
- 3 month probationary period
- Salary dependant on experience –£20,000 per annum
- Benefits: Contributory Pension up to 5% from GTI after passing 3 month probationary period, Initial 23 day’s holiday, Childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity/paternity policies, life assurance scheme.
Information on Group GTI
Group GTI is Europe’s leading provider of graduate careers information and services to graduate recruiters and universities. Through our websites, publications and events we offer unrivalled advice and information for students moving from education to employment. For graduate employers and recruiters, we offer access to top quality students through an unbeatable range of media products and services.
Our largest operations are in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Ireland. However we are increasingly working with clients across Europe and beyond. With over 20 years’ experience and over 1,300 corporate clients, we are proud of helping young people make their first choices of employer.
GTI Media Ltd publishes over 50 market-leading careers products in our mission to help students and graduates throughout the world make better decisions about their future. In the UK, our major brands are TARGETjobs (the UK’s fastest growing graduate jobsite with 900,000+ visits per month), TARGETjobs Events and TARGETcourses; in Ireland, we are the official careers publisher for all universities with our gradireland range of products and in Germany we operate as staufenbiel - the most respected name for graduate careers information in the country. In addition, we are the publishing partners for over 20 of the finest universities and business schools in the UK through our Careers Service Guide range.