New Business Sales Consultant
Does it matter what you sell? Would you prefer to sell "stuff?" Or do you want to use your skills to help grow local businesses in more than a dozen countries?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Business Development teams focus on building partnerships with new Groupon merchants. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to craft unique marketing campaigns to help them reach their targeted audiences. Our expertise ultimately creates jobs and drives economies as we help local merchants thrive.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you'll focus on closing new business for the Groupon platform. Starting day 1, you'll receive hands-on professional sales training and learn the core skills needed to be successful long term. Through our training program, you'll learn about customer relationship building, Groupon's sales process, sales strategy, sales psychology, and more. You'll use the skills developed in this training to make connections, grow partnerships, and scale the businesses we have on our site - both big and small.
And best of all, we believe in helping people grow within the sales organization. We have a dedicated training staff and programs to take anyone to the next level.
You’ll spend time on the following:
You will seek out new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals
Develop familiarity with each merchant’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue/profit drivers
- Utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy to reach Groupon’s and merchants’ desired outcomes and maximize profit
- Take ownership of contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed your sales targets
- Work with Merchant Development teams post-close to ensure a flawless transition of accounts and align on merchant strategy
- Drive market growth for both quality of merchants and revenue
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of success in a sales environment
- Experience selling over the phone and cold calling is essential
- You're not afraid to fail, and you're always looking for ways to improve
- Adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- Accountable and balance multiple priorities flawlessly
- Committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener and can also be assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- You are curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus