Who are we?
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes life-saving vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products such as Sensodyne, Aquafresh and Panadol.
The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them – as well as questions about their own personal and professional growth.
What does a Mechanical Engineering industrial placement have to offer?
A Mechanical Engineering placement in one of our manufacturing sites will give you hands on practical application of the theory from university. Our sites produce a huge mix of different products, from tablets and inhalers to toothpaste and mouthwash.
During your 12 months with us, you’ll gain experience in areas such as:
- Continuous improvement activities to ensure good manufacturing practice
- Safety and/or quality risk assessments
- Plant commissioning/design (change management and validation)
- Mechanical design of systems to problem solve
- Project management and planning
- Leading root cause analysis investigations
- Installation and maintenance practices
- A range of consumer and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and equipment depending on the site, such as active ingredient manufacturing, granulation, compression, filling, assembly and packaging.
Whichever role you go into you will be applying the skills you already have and developing new skills such as; team working, effective communication and time management.
You will work with and learn from an experienced team of multi-discipline engineers, technicians, and operators; they will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
We’re looking for well-organised, patient-focused students who are passionate about problem solving and working with us to make sure our processes are the best they can be.
Please note: some roles at the Worthing site will involve exposure to penicillin.
Please go to http://uk.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/undergraduates/industrial-placements/ to find out more about our programmes, including a full list of requirements and how to apply.
Search for us on Facebook “GSK UK Students and Graduates”
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!