Who are we?
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes life-saving vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products such as Sensodyne, Savlon and Panadol.
The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them – as well as questions about their own personal and professional growth.
What does a Chemical Engineering industrial placement have to offer?
A Chemical Engineering placement in one of our Global Manufacturing & Supply sites will give you hands on practical application of the theory from university.
Our sites produce a huge mix of different products, from tablets and inhalers to toothpaste and mouthwash
During your 12 months with us, you’ll gain experience in areas such as:
- Process improvement activities to ensure good manufacturing practice
- Safety and/or quality risk assessments
- Plant commissioning/design (change management and validation)
- Project management and planning
- Leading root cause analysis investigations.
- A range of manufacturing processes, such as: dry blending, milling, enzyme extraction, solids separation, evaporation, powder mixing and transfer, granulation, coring, tablet compression, film coating of tablets, roller compaction, milling, tablet or bottle filling.
Whichever role you go into you will be applying the skills you already have and developing new skills such as; team working, effective communication and time management.
You will work with and learn from an experienced team of multi-disciplined engineers. They will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
We’re looking for well-organised, patient-focused students who are passionate about problem solving and the products we make.
Please note: some roles at the Worthing site will involve exposure to penicillin.
Please go online to find out more about our programmes, including a full list of requirements and how to apply.
Search for us on Facebook “GSK UK Students and Graduates”
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!