Pharmaceutical Marketing Summer Internship
The Pharmaceutical Marketing summer internship programme is a great way to gain exposure to our commercial business and our company as a whole.
What you'll learn
A summer internship with GSK is a fantastic career opportunity where you’ll learn and gain experience in pharmaceutical marketing.
Based in one of our business units, you’ll be handed responsibility for delivering elements of the marketing tactical plan for one of our medicines. You’ll find it both challenging and rewarding - it will stretch your capabilities, but you’ll be given our full support along the way. We’ll provide a combination of formal training with on-the-job support and coaching to bring the best out in you. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to meet and talk to some of our current graduates. Our interns describe their experience as rewarding and hugely fulfilling. You’ll learn valuable career lessons about yourself: your strengths, development areas, interest and suitability for the commercial arena. If you perform well in your internship, you could be fast-tracked onto our 2½-year Pharma sales and marketing graduate programme following your final-year studies.
Our summer internships typically last 12 week and run around university term times from late June to early September.
A day in the life of a Pharmaceutical Marketing summer intern:
- With our training and support you will gain in-depth insights into the GSK Pharmaceuticals commercial business
- You’ll manage projects, prioritise tasks and build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation and with our customers.
- You will have the opportunity to learn how to market leading brands to national, regional and global audiences
- You will learn how to seize opportunities and develop them through gathering insights and strategic planning.
- You will learn how to adapt in the fast-paced, high-energy industry.
- You’ll gain invaluable networking opportunities, with senior GSK leaders; individuals on the Future Leaders Programme; and your peers on the summer internship.
The skills you'll need
You should be in your penultimate year of degree study and on course for at least a 2:1 (or equivalent). You will also need to demonstrate you have achieved at least 320 UCAS points at A level (or equivalent). We accept applicants from any degree discipline but whatever you’re studying, you’ll need to be proactive and enthusiastic with the interpersonal skills to build good working relationships across all levels of the organisation. You should also be customer-driven with an interest in marketing and the ability to think flexibly.
How to apply
Applications for 2018 are now open.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!