Health Outcomes Associate
A little about GSK
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare products. These help millions of people around the world do more, feel better and live longer.
Our commercial success depends on creating innovative products and making these accessible to as many people who need them as possible. By achieving this, we will be able to grow our business and provide benefits to patients, consumers, society, our employees and our shareholders. We have a significant global commercial presence in more than 150 markets, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Health Outcomes within GSK
Health Outcomes provides evidence to enable informed decisions to be made by the UK health service, leading to patient access to GSK’s medicines and vaccines. Our Health Outcomes teams are responsible for understanding the environment and using evidence to demonstrate the value of our medicines and services to the health service. You will learn to provide technical knowledge in health economics, outcomes research and UK national and local payer requirements to demonstrate value.
Is the Future Leader Programme for you?
Not only do we want to find the right candidate, we want you to choose a scheme that’s right for you.
Our Future Leaders Programmes are for those who aspire to be leaders, inspire others and relish some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. We believe in focusing on the patient and conducting our business with integrity, transparency and respect for everyone we work with.
We invest heavily in your personal development to prepare you for a career as a leader through regular discussions with your line manager and support from a wide network of colleagues but you are still the driver of your development. You will also have continuous training where 70% is on-the-job, 20% is through developmental relationships and 10% is through formal training and educational courses.
What to expect on the Health Outcomes Future Leader Programme
This placement will be across 2.5 years. Your first year will be split into two six month placements, and could involve work within both the local market access and global evidence generation environments, as well as giving you the first exposures to working on health technology appraisal submissions to reimbursement bodies within the UK. Your final year and a half will be designed to fit your preferences: there will be the opportunity to have a health outcomes customer-facing field role, as well as further opportunities for working on HTA submissions or in vaccines.
A day in the life of a Health Outcomes Future Leader:
- You will be contributing to a Health Technology Appraisal (HTA) submission
- You will be responsible for developing materials for customer-facing roles
- You’ll update and develop economic models
- You will have input into publication activities
- You will be involved with global R&D placement on pipeline product(s) and/or field health outcomes role
- As a result of the training and support provided you will be able to present and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Career Prospects for Health Outcomes Future Leaders:
- The HO programme has been running successfully for over 10 years. Depending on your interests, the skills learnt within the role could open up possibilities for careers within the health outcomes team, or further afield. Previous FLP’s have moved to roles in: Global Market Access including pricing in developing countries; a commercial launch role, as well as into the HO UK and global teams. The majority of HO FLP’s stay in GSK once finishing the program, these experienced Health Outcomes roles have competitive salaries and employee benefits.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interest in health outcomes and market access
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills and be comfortable using data to support decision making
- Ability to adapt to change and keep focused under pressure
- A proactive and driven approach
- Clear and effective communication skills with the ability to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders.
- We are looking for candidates who have or expect to obtain in 2018 a minimum 2.1 in a degree with high analytical content. For example, economics, or health economics, statistics, public health, epidemiology, pharmacy/pharmacology, sciences or engineering.
Before you apply
Our Future Leader Programme is passionate about developing local leadership capabilities for local countries so it is vital you have eligibility to live and work in the country for which you are applying.
Please note that candidates need to be available to attend a 2-day assessment centre in London, UK (Date TBC).
GSK is committed to empowering employees and creating an inclusive and diverse environment because it shows that we value and respect all contributions. It is good for business because it brings different knowledge, perspectives, experiences and working styles to GSK
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!