Supply Chain Future Leader Programme
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare products. These help millions of people around the world do more, feel better and live longer.
Our commercial success depends on creating innovative products and making these accessible to as many people who need them as possible. By achieving this, we will be able to grow our business and provide benefits to patients, consumers, society, our employees and our shareholders. We have a significant global commercial presence in more than 150 markets, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Supply Chain within GSK:
Supply Chain is all about ensuring that our products are delivered with quality and value to the patient or customer. Our talented supply chain management teams ensure we deliver four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products a year.
Is the Future Leader Programme for you?
Not only do we want to find the right candidate, we want you to choose a scheme that’s right for you.
Our Future Leaders Programmes are for those who aspire to be leaders, inspire others and relish some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. Our values are: patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency and they will guide you throughout your work.
Our Pharma and Consumer Supply Chain programmes are three years long and usually have 3 rotations which could be across our UK sites. This is to enhance the development of your skills through having a breadth and depth of our business.
This programme invests heavily in your personal development to prepare you for a career as a leader through regular discussions with your line manager and support from a wide network of colleagues, but you are still the driver of your development. There will be continuous training 70% of this is on-the-job, 20% is through developmental relationships and 10% is through formal training and educational courses.
What to expect on the Supply Chain Future Leader Programme?
This three-year career pathway involves three rotations across our manufacturing & supply network to give you depth & breadth of experience within different roles and working environments to become a successful future leader at GSK.
Throughout the programme you’ll have numerous opportunities to meet and network with other graduates and key business stakeholders. You will receive a personal development budget to use for technical and personal development in addition to core training and development required for the role.
When you join one of our Supply Chain Future Leader programmes, you will become part of a huge, global network that supplies four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products a year.
You’ll undertake business-critical roles within Pharmaceutical or Consumer Healthcare supply.
Typically, around 95% of the people joining the Pharma and Consumer Supply Chain programmes continue to work in GSK one year after finishing the programme. Here they are working to ensure GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
A day in the life of a Supply Chain Future Leader:
- With our support, you will gain awareness and understanding of the multiple functions and steps involved in an end-to-end supply chain, while learning about the synergies and challenges faced when seeking to deliver optimum value to the business and the customer
- You will participate in projects and prioritise tasks effectively
- You will be involved in ensuring GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time
- You will have the opportunity to gain experience working in and with cross-functional teams, across multiple geographies and cultures
- You will benefit from a clearly defined network to support you in your development. This will then develop your knowledge and understanding of supply chain management
- You will have the opportunity to deepen your supply chain technical skills and hone your leadership skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work well with others and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- A genuine interest in healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry
- A self-motivated and proactive approach.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Technical strength: an analytical mind and processes driven
- Ability to adapt to change and keep focused under pressure
- A real team player
- Flexibility to be based across any of our UK sites
- You must also have or expect to obtain in 2019 a minimum of a 2.1 in any degree. Business related degrees are preferred but not essential.
Before you apply:
- Our Future Leader Programme is passionate about developing local leadership capabilities for local countries, so it is vital you have eligibility to live and work in the country for which you are applying.
- Please note that candidates need to be available to attend a 2-day assessment centre in London, UK late 2018.
- GSK is committed to empowering employees and creating an inclusive and diverse environment because it shows that we value and respect all contributions. It is good for business because it brings different knowledge, perspectives, experiences and working styles to GSK
- Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.