Consumer Commercial Management Future Leader Programme
Commercial Management (Consumer Healthcare) within GSK:
Do you want to love what you do, work in a competitive high-performing environment and improve people’s lives? If so, then become part of our fast-moving GSK Consumer Healthcare business, and work with household-name products that reach people in more than 100 countries worldwide.
We offer you the chance to pursue a career with purpose where you can develop quickly and explore your leadership potential through a rich variety of training, mentoring and on-the-job experience. This career path will enable you to improve your sales and marketing skills while gaining valuable leadership training in the pharmaceutical industry.
GSK Consumer Healthcare is a dynamic business area that creates opportunity for GSK to explore new products and markets. It’s an exciting place to work as we move quickly to launch meaningful innovations and activate our brands based on real consumer insight and need.
Is the Future Leader Programme for you?
Not only do we want to find the right candidate, we want you to choose a scheme that’s right for you.
Our Future Leaders Programmes are for those who aspire to be leaders, inspire others and relish some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. Our values are: patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency and they will guide you throughout your work.
This programme invests heavily in your personal development to prepare you for a career as a leader through regular discussions with your line manager and support from a wide network of colleagues but you are still the driver of your development. There will be continuous training 70% of this is on-the-job, 20% is through developmental relationships and 10% is through formal training and educational courses.
What to expect on the Consumer Commercial Management Future Leader Programme:
- You’ll have an initial Sales rotation (usually 12 months) followed by a rotation in Marketing as well as a breadth rotation in another area of the business, such as supply chain or finance.
- In your sales rotation, expect to work in a customer-facing role. This will give you invaluable first-hand experience of how our consumers engage with our products. You will learn about areas including product merchandising, customer education, new product launches, sales planning, forecasting and stock planning. They require great relationship skills, a desire to take personal accountability and a target-driven approach.
- In a marketing rotation, expect to work in areas such as shopper marketing, brand/ category management. You will learn about our brands, gather insights into our consumer and buyer preferences and understand which factors influence our overall sales. You will have the opportunity to work on media campaigns, brand activations and product launches while learning how we analyse brand performance and optimise consumer engagement. Our marketing roles require strong analytical skills, an ability to work cross-functionally and a good understanding of customers.
- In addition to sales and marketing, you could also experience areas such as supply chain and finance which are vital to understanding how our business operates and how we get our products from our manufacturing site to consumers. This will give you a good grounding in the day-to-day operations of the commercial organisation.
- Throughout the programme, you’ll have access to senior GSK managers and mentors, who will guide you and help you achieve your career objectives. You will also be part of a diverse, global network of graduates who are sharing the same daily experiences as you but in different parts of the world.
A day in the life of a Consumer Commercial Management Future Leader:
- With our training and support you will gain in-depth insights into the GSK Consumer Healthcare commercial business
- You’ll manage projects, prioritise tasks and build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation and with our customers.
- You will learn how to drive sales growth
- You will have the opportunity to learn how to market leading brands to national, regional and global audiences
- You will undertake leadership training that will equip you to become a leader of the future and inspire action through influencing and negotiating.
- You will learn how to seize opportunities and develop them through gathering insights and strategic planning.
- You will learn how to adapt in the fast-paced, high-energy industry.
- You’ll gain invaluable networking opportunities, both with senior GSK leaders and with your peers on the Future Leaders Programme.
Did you know….
- By joining the Consumer Healthcare Future Leaders Programme in Commercial Management, you would be joining a vibrant and diverse network of more than 120 graduates from over 35 markets on all (populated) continents?
- 90% of our graduates find that rotations have significantly helped them develop skills & experience necessary for a successful career?
- Due to GSK’s unique partnerships, our Consumer products help save lives and truly make a difference for communities?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A proactive, enthusiastic approach to work
- An analytical mind
- A talent for multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused when the pressure is on.
- Strong Interpersonal skills - someone who can connect people and ideas to come up with something new.
- Commercial awareness – a genuine interest in sales and marketing
- You must have or expect to obtain in 2018 a minimum of a 2.1 in any degree.
Career prospects for those completing this programme:
In GSK, we like to say that you own your own career. We will help you, provide you with tools and resources for your development, support you every step of the way – but in the end, your career is your own and as a future leader in GSK, we expect you to be in the driver’s seat. This programme is aimed at giving you the option to explore what you like doing, where your strengths are and how you can contribute most. You might find that you enjoy the dynamic world of sales, you might discover a passion for marketing, you might even discover a hidden talent for negotiating really great deals with our vendors in Procurement or understanding the needs of our employees in HR.
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare products. These help millions of people around the world do more, feel better and live longer.
Our commercial success depends on creating innovative products and making these accessible to as many people who need them as possible. By achieving this, we will be able to grow our business and provide benefits to patients, consumers, society, our employees and our shareholders. We have a significant global commercial presence in more than 150 markets, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Before you apply:
Our Future Leader Programme is passionate about developing local leadership capabilities for local countries, so it is vital you have eligibility to live and work in the country for which you are applying.
Please note that candidates need to be available to attend an assessment centre in London, UK on 26th November 2018.
GSK is committed to empowering employees and creating an inclusive and diverse environment because it shows that we value and respect all contributions. It is good for business because it brings different knowledge, perspectives, experiences and working styles to GSK
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.