ViiV Safety and Pharmacovigilance Executive Industrial Placement
What does a ViiV Safety and Pharmacovigilance Executive Industrial Placement have to offer?
ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012 after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV.
Detailed description and scope of the role:
Are you interested in contributing to making a difference to the lives of people living with and affected by HIV? Are yu a scientist who can communicate clearly and effectively?
The Chief Scientific and Medical Office (CSMO) of ViiV Healthcare is looking for a Safety and Pharmacovigilance Executive to work as part of the global CSMO department. The CSMO organisation is the R&D/Medical affairs business function of ViiV Healthcare.
The placement will help to build project management skills and will allow you to gain experience and knowledge of working with proficient scientific and medical staff and experts in the field of HIV. This placement will also give you a chance to build a network of professional relationships across the company, as well as providing ongoing development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to gain insights and experience of roles and careers available to scientists that are not laboratory-based research.
- Multiple project management
- Working as part of the Qualified Person in Pharmacovigilance (QPPV) Office team
- Assisting the Regulatory Affairs and Medical Governance teams
- Support for key governance meetings and related activities
- Process improvement initiatives, including database and website maintenance and oversight and other systems enhancements
- Contribution to medical and scientific projects
- Producing quarterly Pharmacovigilance reports
- Monitoring pharmacovigilance activities and presenting results regularly
- Contribution to delivery of training on new systems, processes and policies
- Engaging with other stakeholders in ViiV Healthcare
Life sciences/biomedical sciences/biochemistry background, with an interest in the Pharmaceutical industry, ideally with an interest in HIV.
- Solution driven and flexible
- Able to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Proactive and confident
- Technically competent - familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in a Life Sciences undergraduate degree in Pharmacology, Immunology, Biological Science, Biochemistry or Biomedical Science.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of an undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be 5th February 2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes life-saving vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products such as Maxinutrition, Sensodyne, Aquafresh and Panadol.
The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them – as well as questions about their own personal and professional growth.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!