Digital Communications Industrial Placement
What does a Digital Communications Industrial Placement have to offer?
A placement in the global digital communications team within GSK’s corporate communications and governments affairs department is an exciting role in which you will help to manage GSK’s global brand image and reputation through its corporate digital platforms. The team is responsible for the GSK.com global corporate web estate and social channels Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
You will work with the team to manage the channels (in the most part, GSK.com) and produce engaging and inspiring content with clear and consistent messaging to support the communications requirements across the business. You will be in contact with people in the UK and across the world, constantly developing your interpersonal skills as well your organisational and problem-solving abilities.
You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from channel and content experts across the business as well as external digital agency partners, while establishing a network of contacts. You will become proficient in web editing, web quality management tools, Google Analytics and running a community on Workplace.
GSK.com web editor:
- Manage and execute content updates
- Assist in planning, maintenance and development of global GSK.com and local market sites
- Support digital quality management across the web estate
- Provide consultancy on a range of external digital communications activities
- Multimedia creation and editing (including video, images, infographics)
- Build network and optimise communications with local market website owners/editors
- Familiarity with web-based software– e.g. Umbraco or other content management systems
- Design skills are desirable – e.g. familiarity with Photoshop and ability to guide design-related decisions
- Must be able to work independently
- High attention to detail
- Good inter-personal / team working skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Flexible thinker
- Good networking skills
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in an undergraduate degree.
- We accept applications from candidates studying any degree with a keen interest in digital communications and content/marketing/media/design
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of an undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be on mid-February 2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes life-saving vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products such as Maxinutrition, Sensodyne, Aquafresh and Panadol.
The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them – as well as questions about their own personal and professional growth.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!