Formulation Scientist Industrial Placement
What does a Formulation Scientist Industrial Placement have to offer?
Formulation scientists within Integrated Biological Platform Sciences (IBPS) design and prepare formulations for pre-clinical in vivo and in vitro studies and have oversight for issues relating to formulation and analysis problem solving, solubility assessment, formulation development, formulation preparation, formulation analysis, formulation stability, excipient toxicity and all compound aspects relating to GLP, safety and outsourcing.
A 12 month industrial placement position is available for a motivated scientist to join our team, learn about and conduct all aspects of the role and undertake a number of investigations looking at improving our processes and providing full characterisation and better understanding of our formulations. This is likely to include one or more of the following:
Evaluation/validation of a zeta sizer to determine the nanoparticulate size and zeta potential of formulations.
Investigation of formulation properties of different cyclodextrins for parenteral administration looking at supplier, degree of separation etc.
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in your undergraduate degree.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of a Biology or Chemistry based undergraduate degree that is requiring a year in industry during the third year. You will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
- The course being studied should include modules that include aspects of both biology and chemistry e.g. biochemistry, natural sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, drug design, biomedical science
- Demonstrate an interest in following a career in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and prioritize work, and effective problem-solving skills. Undertakes independent data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be in February/March2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes life-saving vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products such as Maxinutrition, Sensodyne, Aquafresh and Panadol.
The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them – as well as questions about their own personal and professional growth.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!