GTI are looking for a recent computer science graduate who wants to work with both established and new technologies for a number of enterprise web applications and web sites. Applicants for this role must be passionate about working with web technologies, core software development, mobile technologies, and backend systems including web servers, relational databases, and search technologies.
What you need for this position:
- UK Computer Science (or related) University Bachelor’s Degree – at least 2:2 class achieved
- Genuine interest in writing code and solving problems
- Good experience of using PHP, Java, or .Net
- Good experience of SQL
- Good team working and communication skills
What you will be doing:
Working with the existing development teams to:
- create new features
- fix existing bugs
- research new technologies
3rd line support and maintenance of production systems. This will involve managing 3rd line support issues, communicating with core support team and client where necessary. Analysis and identification of problems and fixing the problems.
What opportunities you will get:
- Work with a team of highly experienced developers and technical leads that have many years working with enterprise systems
- Work with a range of programming languages including .Net, Java, and PHP
- Work with a range of server technologies including Drupal, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Apache Solr, IIS, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Work with Web Services including SOAP and REST
- Work with other new cutting edge technologies
- Work with mobile apps and web sites that use responsive design
- Work with a range of development tools including Jira, Mercurial, IDEs, and Maven
- Work with a range of clients including global banks, global media, and top academic institutions
Salary and Benefits:
- Permanent role, with a 3 month probationary period
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Salary – circa £23k, dependent on experience
- Training for continued professional development
- Flexible working environment
- Automatically enrolled onto Company pension scheme after 3 month qualifying period, with employee contributing 3% of monthly salary and GTI will match employee contributions up to a maximum of 5% of monthly salary
- Initial 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holiday, rising by 1 day per year
- Childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity/paternity policies and life assurance cover after 3 month qualifying period.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role, please apply by the closing date of 30th November 2016.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!