Finance - Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme
During the 24 month graduate programme you will gain an invaluable insight into our business, whilst developing your own skills and capabilities. Following a company induction, you will be working day to day as a fully integrated team member over the course of 4 six month rotations.
Between each rotation, the graduate programme class is brought together for ‘Learning Weeks’ to build on the soft and technical skills required for your permanent management level position at programme end.
Alongside your rotational placements, graduates will also tackle high profile business projects, enabling you to build a broader picture of our business and how the various functions work together.
Your time on the graduate programme is supported by a dedicated line manager, team buddy, business mentor and HR support. Clear objectives are set at the outset of each rotational placement, with developmental conversations and one to one meetings provided on a regular basis.
The graduate programme also provides some memorable social and community events, ensuring you build strong relationships with your peers and that we contribute positively within the local community.
There really is no better way to start your career at GVC!
The Finance Function
The role of the finance function is to help the business to understand historical performance and project the financial impacts of all future activity, by providing relevant, accurate and timely financial analysis.
As a Finance graduate, you may find yourself contributing to regular performance reporting, planning and forecasting as a member of our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) teams or ensuring the business complies with legislation as part of Tax & Treasury. Likewise, you may be partnering with business colleagues to understand risks and opportunities through financial modelling with our strategic planners.
In all of these roles you will have the opportunity to work alongside finance professionals and support and influence colleagues throughout the organisation.
During each rotation you will be acting as a full member of the team. Some rotations are compulsory in order to give you a robust grounding in Finance. Other rotations are optional, driven by graduate preference and business need.
- Divisional Management
- Divisional Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Group Financial Accounts
- Group FP&A
- Business Intelligence
- Corporate Development & Strategy
Wherever you are placed, no two days will be the same and you will continually be challenged within a fast paced and vibrant environment.
Your Professional Development
As a Finance graduate, you will also have the option to undertake additional personal development fully funded by the business. As a Finance graduate, this is working towards full ACCA / CIMA accreditation.
Final Points of Note
- Applicants must be in their final year of an undergraduate or master’s degree or have already graduated and seeking a graduate programme opportunity commencing September 2019.
- Whilst the above reflects the intended structure for the 2019 graduate programme, please be aware that it is subject to change. The structure of our graduate programmes are regularly reviewed to ensure they are meeting our business needs and providing the exposure required to set you up for success post-programme.
- Delegates on our graduate programmes MUST be locationally flexible for the duration of the scheme. Currently, rotations are across Gibraltar and London though offices in Vienna, Tel Aviv and further afield may be integrated.