NHS Graduate Financial Management Training Scheme – Ethical Finance Career
We are looking for influential individuals who want a career in finance, delivering deeper value for money in an everchanging organisation.
If you want to work in the NHS and believe that you can make a difference, our 3 year training scheme based on work placements in a variety of healthcare organisations within your region offers outstanding development opportunities which will challenge you and reward you every day.
What you can expect from the scheme:
- Career development from day one
- Peer support and development with other trainees
- Salaried role with full benefis package
- 27 days annual leave and pension scheme
- Study leave and full fiancial support
- Help with securing your first job at the end of the scheme
- Fully funded Professional accountancy qualifiation* (currently ACCA)
- NHS Financial Management Trainee
- Full Time, 37 ½ hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Circa £20,000 rising to a minimum of £28,000 in the third and final year of the scheme. Salaries for senior finance professionals range from around £30-£95k, and Directors of Finance can earn over £100k.
- Start date: 2 September 2019
- 2.2 degree or equivalent qualification eg AAT/NVQ with three years relevant work experience
- Excellent numerical, writing, computer literacy (including excel), oral and presentation skills
- Genuine desire to work in the NHS
- Confient, positive outlook with a ‘can do’ attitude
- High Energy, initiative and motivated to succeed
- Excellent Communicator
- Drive and ambition to become a Director of Finance
Trainees will be placed within the finance functions of both Commissioning and Provider NHS Organisations within their allocated health economy and will gain experience in a broad range of finance including, financial services, financial benefits management, financial accounting, financial planning and audit.
- Annual leave of 27 days plus 8 public holidays
- Generous study leave and exam leave
- Contributory pension scheme, inflation linked
- Fullly funded professional accounting qualifiation (ACCA)
- Three year training contract
- Access to a wide range of training and development events
- Networking opportunities with senior finance staff
- Ethical career choice