Graduate Management and Finance Management Trainee
A Leadership Role to Challenge and Inspire
Working at Hertfordshire County Council is about enabling Hertfordshire residents to lead happy and healthy lives within thriving communities. We pride ourselves on our diversity, skill, and innovation, and welcome all applicants with a desire to make a difference to local people.
Our graduate scheme will strengthen your citizen focus, leadership, commercial, and project management skills in a unique local government environment.
Graduate Management Trainee
- Your journey will start with three months focussed on the job training, building a strong support network, and contributing to a variety of front-line projects
- For the remainder of the two-year scheme, you will undertake up to four 6-month placements in different departments across the organisation and its partners.
- Each graduate experience will be unique: placements are based on where the most interesting and stretching pieces of work are, together with each graduate’s skills, areas for development and personal preferences.
Graduate Finance Management Trainee
- A 3 year graduate training programme
- Sponsorship to complete the CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy) professional accountancy qualification
- Full financial sponsorship, a ‘buddy’ in your first year, a senior manager as a mentor, and a structured development programme.
- Excellent career prospects with opportunity to progress into senior management roles
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
Throughout the scheme, you’ll lead and support work that will improve, change or innovate the services we provide. You’ll meet inspiring people, gain insight into the population, services and challenges unique to Hertfordshire, and gain a wealth of experience in leading and managing.
Our graduate scheme affords excellent career prospects with opportunity to progress into senior leadership and management roles within Hertfordshire County Council and the wider public sector.
Your personal development comes first – Throughout the graduate scheme we will prioritise your personal development and tailor projects and placements to your specific needs and skill set. Graduates enter their first placements as confident and capable individuals, valued and trusted from day one.
Flexible working – Work is a thing you do, not a place you go. This means you are trusted to work flexible hours from any of our sites, from home or out and about in the community using technology to collaborate and ensuring a great work-life balance.
Support network – You’ll join a wide network of Hertfordshire County Council graduates who’ll share their invaluable experience to support you through the scheme and beyond. You’ll be allocated a graduate buddy, a mentor from your team, and a senior management mentor.
Rewards package – As an employee of HCC, you are entitled to cashback and savings in hundreds of retailers, leisure & entertainment venues, supermarkets, technology suppliers, and more! We also offer a range of salary sacrifice schemes and a generous government pension and annual leave entitlement.
We look for potential so welcome applicants from all backgrounds and degree subjects. Applicants must have a 2:1 degree or equivalent (Level 6) or a merit in Masters Degree (Level 7) and a passion for public service