2018 Management Development Graduate Programme
What is the UK Management Development Programme?
The UK & Ireland Management Development Programme aims to develop a select group of talented, nationally mobile individuals and give them an intensive development opportunity to be running their own Food & Beverage/Front Office or Conference & Events department within 18 months.
What does the Program cover?
- UK&I MDP consists of a 18 -month training program which encompasses two national 9- month placements in 2 different locations in the UK & Ireland . Following successful completion of the 18 months you will be appointed as assistant head of department/head of department in one of our hotels.
- During your placements, you will mainly experience the Food and Beverage & Front Office operation whilst also getting exposure to supporting departments.
- You will participate in group modules and have business driven projects to complete.
What are the Learning Benefits?
The Programme runs over 18 months with a structured framework of practical and highly interactive learning and development activities.
- Induction to the Programme, the wider business, Hilton history, culture and current business focus
- Food and Beverage placement
- Rooms division placements
- Exposure to Business Development HR and Finance
- One-to-one mentor with regular feedback
- Career development reviews
- Regular & structured Line Manager feedback
- Management and Leadership Development programmes
- Technical development modules
- Practical assignment aligned to Food and Beverage placement
- Hilton University modules
It is important to us that you are able to demonstrate our Hilton Worldwide competencies, and we expect you to be driven, commercially focused with key people skills and a real passion for operations. Mobility is an extremely important factor as the right person is expected to be working in at least two different locations during the programme, potentially anywhere in the UK & Ireland for 9 months each.
If you are interested, please apply online or via our Facebook link (Hilton Careers) from 22 January 2018 until 5 March 2018.
We are looking for our future leaders, so you will have proven that you too want to be world class.
There are also fix main criteria for the Graduate Programme:
- You must have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- You must have graduated in 2017 or 2018
- You must speak, read and write English fluently
- You must be eligible to work in the UK & Ireland
- You need to be fully mobile across the UK & Ireland
- You must have demonstrated your true passion and enthusiasm for Hospitality (either a Hospitality degree or previous work experience in Hospitality)
There is a rigorous selection process that includes education criteria, on line tests and questionnaires and an Assessment Center. This not only helps to identify the right candidates, but if you are selected, it is the start of your personal development journey with Hilton.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!