Recruitment Marketing Administrator
6 month Fixed Term Contract
Hogan Lovells is one of the leading global law firms. Our distinctive market position is founded on our exceptional breadth of our practice, on deep industry knowledge, and on our 'one team' global approach. Formed through the combination of two top international law firms, Hogan Lovells has over 45 offices in Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and the United States. With a presence in the world's major financial and commercial markets, we are well placed to provide excellent business-oriented advice to our clients locally and internationally. Our people are the key to our success, which is why we seek to recruit and retain the most talented individuals in all regions of our global practice.
The Legal Resourcing and Trainee Solicitor Development team forms part of the overarching HR function of Hogan Lovells, working alongside HR Management, People Development and Legal Learning. Graduate Recruitment and Development sits within the Legal Resourcing function and works closely with the Legal and Business Services Recruitment and Recruitment Marketing teams.
Each year the firm seeks to recruit up to 60 graduates to join the firm's two year trainee solicitor programme. The firm has a successful track-record of developing its trainee solicitors with two thirds of the London partners having joined the firm via this route. However the recruitment market for the most talented graduates is highly competitive and the firm needs to work hard to attract, retain and develop the next generation of talent.
The Graduate Recruitment Marketing team manages the attraction strategy for all future trainee solicitors. This includes managing relationships with 29 universities and organising 50+ internal and 120+ external campus events throughout the year. The team are responsible for planning and implementing campus advertising campaigns, co-managing the campus ambassador programme, designing and producing all marketing materials and managing the graduate recruitment social media campaign. The team manage the firm's diversity and widening access initiatives to attract a diverse range of people.
The Recruitment Marketing Administrator is responsible for the smooth running of all internal and external events including law fairs, evening receptions, workshops and insight days. They will ensure bookings are made, marketing spread sheets and calendars updated correctly and promotional materials sent in advance.
The role is 'front of house'. Anyone joining the team needs to represent the firm to the highest standards and in a very professional manner at all times. This will help ensure students consistently have a positive and professional impression of the firm, wherever they meet us.
An approachable, calm and warm manner with the ability to work efficiently under pressure is essential. The individual must be comfortable and confident speaking to groups of students.
They will have the opportunity to represent the firm to students on campus, at in-house events and by answering queries via e-mail and telephone throughout the academic year and in a timely manner.
Campus events – especially busy from September to December
- Assisting with the administration and organisation of the graduate attraction campaign at 29 target universities. This includes organising and booking logistics for all campus events with university careers service, law faculty and law society contacts, preparing briefing notes and arranging travel for events, coordinating and sending branded items and helping source appropriate representatives to staff campus and in-house events.
Internal events – year round
- Assisting with the administration and organisation of all in-house events (including widening access and diversity events), including booking rooms and speakers, choosing and confirming menu requirements, helping source appropriate representatives to staff events, coordinating the events on the day and liaising with attendees before, during and after the events.
Graduate recruitment inbox management - daily
- Shared responsibility with the graduate recruitment administrator to manage and respond quickly to all inbox queries
- Answering general queries from students, university societies and law fair/evening event venues, usually via email and telephone.
General administration - weekly
- Processing and filing all graduate recruitment marketing invoices and keeping the budget spreadsheet up to date
- Processing all travel expenses for internal and external events
- Filing all paperwork relating to in-house and external events – ie briefing notes, booking forms, logistical information.
Student contacts lists - weekly
- Updating the student contact list after each event to ensure student contact details are captured and we retain contact with them.
- Arranging and attending society sponsorship meetings with the Recruitment Marketing Manager, sourcing appropriate representatives to attend society events, sending branded items for events plus processing and filing all invoices and society paperwork.
Campus ambassador programme - working closely with the Recruitment Manager and Recruitment Marketing Manager
- Updating the annual campus ambassador handbook
- Helping to promote the vacancies at 10-12 target universities
- Helping facilitate the assessment and induction days
- Maintaining regular communication with the ambassadors to ensure their responsibilities are carried out successfully and they promote our opportunities correctly.
- On occasion supporting the graduate recruitment team with assessment day administration, invigilating and marking critical thinking tests, processing invoices and travel expenses. Providing additional cover for vacation scheme events.
The role is likely to suit a graduate with strong administration and organisation skills. They will have a natural affinity toward tasks requiring attention to detail and will be adept at juggling multiple projects.
The individual will be keen to develop in graduate recruitment, recruitment marketing and/or event management. They may have previous experience in the above areas, campus/brand ambassador work or university liaison in a law firm, professional services firm, corporate or university environment.
They will be used to working in a demanding environment driven by client service or possess attributes to help them work comfortably in this area.
The individual will work with internal stakeholders such as the firm's partners, lawyers, trainees and Legal Resourcing colleagues. External stakeholders will include marketing and media suppliers, students and university contacts.
Successful candidates will be/have:
- Impeccable attention to detail and capable of following instructions
- Able to prioritise, multitask and manage large volumes of emails
- Work efficiently with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Work well under pressure and good at thinking on feet and problem solving in a calm manner
- Able to work from process notes and know when to ask for help
- Able to work independently and proactively without supervision
- Service driven and motivated to do work to the highest standards with a 'can-do' and positive attitude
- Flexible, humble and team working approach
- Flawless use of English (grammar, punctuation, spelling) for written and spoken communication
- Good telephone manner with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to engage with senior people in a professional manner
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rated)
It is the policy of Hogan Lovells to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!