Graduate Internal Sales Account Manager
We're looking for applicants who can start immediatley
About the company
A family owned business, Holme Dodsworth Metals has – over the years – widely been regarded as a leader in the distribution of copper alloys for the UK market. A diversified nationwide business to also include aluminium, stainless steel and many more today, we pride themselves on the quality of products and service offered – evidenced by a large number of national and international customers from a wide array of industries.
We are currently on the lookout for a commercially-minded graduate (any discipline) to join our fast-paced Luton branch. The right candidate will have the energy, the business acumen and the motivation to strategically grow the business' presence across South-East England. Reporting to the Branch/Sales Manager, the main focus of the candidate would involve internal account management and sales order processing, with the aim of maintaining and developing the sales of our range of metal stock to small and medium-sized customers in accordance with the branch's business targets.
- Meeting/exceeding turnover and gross profit targets across portfolio of customer accounts – inbound telephone/email order taking and outbound telephone/email prospecting of lapsed/target customer accounts.
- Creating quotations and price negotiation in line with the company's pricing policy. Qualifying cross-selling opportunities, issuing appropriate follow up and closing all available business opportunities.
- Liaising with warehouse/administration for efficient processing/shipping of orders and coordinating with logistics/suppliers for timely delivery of materials.
- Engaging in external procurement activities to offer an enhanced stock availability to customers. Purchasing negotiation and order processing via customer relationship management system.
- Handling/managing customer complaints, ensuring quick resolution to any outstanding disputes with a long term customer relationship focus.
- Attend and prepare for meetings when required to aid performance of duties and support business/organizational development; also to contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Working within and follow quality management procedures in line with ISO2001.
- Undertaking any other duties as required by the company.
Qualifications & skills required
- University educated with a track record of achievement.
- Exceptional English communication skills – spoken and written at a high level are essential.
- Self-Driven results orientated with a focus on margin growth and profitability.
- General business acumen, with an ability to understand business finances such as turnover & gross margin.
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Outlook, Excel & Word).
- Residing or willing to relocate directly into the area (Bedfordshire).