Graduate Teaching Assistant - STEM
A thriving secondary school in Lambeth are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and motivated STEM graduate to join as a Graduate Teaching Assistant in September 2019. The role is to work within the STEM department supporting students with SEN 1-2-1 and in small focus groups. The students are extremely motivated young people that thrive on being creative and working in an academic, technical environment. The school values independence and allowing students to apply their own ideas, imagination and creativity in the context of learning. The school are ideally seeking a recent STEM graduate that shares similar values is looking to pursue a career in education.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant you will:
- Have a degree (a 2:1 degree is desirable)
- Have a proactive, enthusiastic and positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have experience of working with young people
- Support students on a 1-2-1 basis whilst they complete tasks set by teaching staff
- Supervise group activities
- Liaise with teaching staff
- Be offered training and support
Please apply as soon as possible by sending an up to date CV via the button below.
Why Horizon Teachers?
- We have specialised in successfully placing teachers and support staff into Secondary Schools across London and the South East for over 10 years.
- We have a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice, always in your best interests (Please look at our google reviews!).
- We offer up to £200 in vouchers if you refer a friend or colleague (or just someone you know!).
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.