Maths Graduate Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about making Maths accessible and engaging for the next generation?
Have you recently graduated from university, and are looking for the next step in your career?
Would you like to train as a Maths Teacher in the future?
- Recent graduate in Mathematics / Physics
- Enthusiastic, passionate and empathetic
- Able to relate to pupils and make learning accessible
- Able to remain calm under pressure and problem solve
- Desire to train as a teacher in the near future
In the role of a Teaching Assistant, no two days are ever the same! One day you may be supporting a pupil on a 1:1 basis in your subject specialism, supervising lunchtime activities, providing feedback to the teacher and the SENDCo, and helping to prepare resources for lessons.
Other days may involve accompanying pupils on school trips, supporting GCSE pupils with exam preparation or leading activities with small groups of pupils outside of the main classroom setting.
Working as a Teaching Assistant is an excellent way to gain experience in the classroom, and we are working with ?Good? and ?Outstanding? schools across London who are keen to meet with Graduate TAs for a September 2018 start.
The benefits of a career in Secondary education:
- Clear career progression
- Ongoing professional development opportunities to support you on your journey
- Excellent work/life balance, with a working year of approximately 195 days
- Opportunity to inspire the next generation to love your subject just as much as you do!
- A competitive salary, with opportunity to progress
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!