English Graduate Teaching Assistant
Have you recently graduated from university, and are looking for the next step in your career?
Is English Literature / Language your favourite subject?
Would you like to train as a Teacher in the future?
- Recent graduate in English
- Enthusiastic, passionate and empathetic
- Able to remain calm under pressure and problem solve
- Desire to train as a teacher in the near future
Your daily role as a Teaching Assistant will be very varied, and no two days are ever the same! In a typical day, you may be supporting a pupil on a 1:1 basis in your subject specialism, supervising lunchtime activities, providing feedback to the teacher and the SENDCo, and helping to prepare resources for lessons.
Other days may involve accompanying pupils on school trips, or leading activities with small groups of pupils outside of the main classroom setting.
Working as a Teaching Assistant is an excellent way to gain experience in the classroom, and we are working with Good and Outstanding schools across London who are keen to meet with Graduate TAs for a September 2018 start.
The benefits of a career in Secondary education:
- Clear career progression
- Ongoing professional development opportunities to support you on your journey
- Excellent work/life balance, with a working year of approximately 195 days
- Opportunity to inspire the next generation to love your subject just as much as you do!
- A competitive salary, with opportunity to progress
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!