UK First Year Summer Internship
We are looking for forward-thinking, driven and perceptive undergraduates to join our Summer Internships and ultimately our global Graduate Programme.
During this eight-week rotational summer internship you’ll gain first-hand experience of working in two business areas: Retail Banking and Wealth Management as well as Commercial Banking. Serving both our personal and commercial customers, you’ll develop the key skills to deliver the first-class experience our customers expect and see where your skills best fit.
Supported throughout by a line manager and buddy, you’ll also have the opportunity to build your network and be part of a charity project. On completion of your First Year Summer Internship, you will have the opportunity to secure a place on either our Retail Banking and Wealth Management or Commercial Banking internship programme the following year, and continue your journey down your chosen path. You will be paid during your internship, but you may find the greatest benefit is the valuable early stepping-stone it can provide to a rewarding full-time career at HSBC.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Customer facing engagement: Gain understanding of the Retail Banking network and Commercial Centre network, and develop awareness of products, services and processes
- Ensuring the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation
- Actively contributing towards activities that have a positive impact on the financial performance of Retail Banking and Wealth Management and our Commercial Centres
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be on course to achieve a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent, and 300 UCAS points or equivalent (excluding General Studies)
- Consistently achieve objectives set for you and take action to improve your own performance
- Have self-awareness with the confidence to work independently and take responsibility for your own development
- Demonstrate working collaboratively with others colleagues, supporting them when possible
- Have experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations
- Have experience of building effective customer relationships which create customer advocacy
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will be proactive, forward-thinking, ready to challenge the status quo, with strong drive and determination, keen to learn and develop at all times, have a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues and a willingness to deliver on difficult assignments, possess an aptitude for understanding the underlying strategy which underpins the bank direction, be skilled at project management and have a keen interest in business development.
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Internship Programme only. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
Please make sure that you will have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the programme.
The base location for this role is UK wide.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!