Commercial Banking, Global Graduate Programme
We are looking for forward-thinking, driven and perceptive graduates who will become the future leaders of HSBC.
This programme appeals particularly to individuals who are self-starters, highly driven, passionate about growing commercial business and have high levels of integrity.
Over two years, through four six-month placements, you’ll gain broad experience of one of the following areas:
- Relationship Management, where you’ll learn how we connect with businesses of all sizes
- Global Trade and Receivables Finance, where you’ll gain an understanding of how we provide the services and financing our clients need throughout the trade cycle
- Global Liquidity and Cash Management, were you’ll experience how we help clients manage their liquidity to ensure they make their cash work hard for their businesses
This will be backed up with a wealth of training and development opportunities, including support to study for a professional qualification, a graduate buddy, a dedicated programme manager and access to senior business leaders through regular development events. In this way, you will learn about client satisfaction, the impact of governance and risk management, you’ll work on key products and have the chance to oversee business projects.
On completion, you’ll be ready to move into a challenging relationship-led or specialist role:
On the Relationship Management stream, you could move on to managing your own portfolio of Business Banking customers or supporting Relationship Managers who meet the needs of our MME and Large Corporate customers.
On the Global Trade and Receivables Finance stream, you could move on to support the management of a portfolio of clients across CMB, helping advise on various different products we provide to our clients or maximise your understanding of clients’ needs to manage and develop existing products.
On the Global Liquidity and Cash Management stream, you could move on to become a Sales Manager generating new income for the business, or develop customer focused, globally competitive products as a Direct Channel Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieve a technical understanding In Commercial Banking, its products, solutions, systems and procedures
- Develop communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills working as a part of the Commercial Banking Team
- Build project management skills, including prioritisation and time management, understand strategic context and develop confidence around senior managers
- Analysis of financial and non-financial information, taking into account the economic and regulatory environment in your analysis
- Take responsibility for tracking and recording customer information, preparing standardised reports
- Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent (predicted or gained), and 300 UCAS points or equivalent (excluding General Studies)
- Be available to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. you will be required to relocate across the UK based upon placement opportunities, commitment to being nationally mobile in this role is essential
- Have consistently achieved objectives set for you and taken action to improve your own performance
- Have self-awareness with the confidence to work independently and take responsibility for your own development
- Have worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will be proactive, forward-thinking, ready to challenge the status quo, with strong drive and determination, keen to learn and develop at all times, have a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues and a willingness to deliver on difficult assignments, possess an aptitude for understanding the underlying strategy which underpins the bank direction, be skilled at project management and have a keen interest in business development.
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme only. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
Please make sure that you will have the right to work in the UK at least until the end of the programme.
The base location for this role is UK wide.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!