Global Asset Management Analyst
Who we are
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. In 71 countries and territories serving around 46 million customers, our ambition is to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper.
Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
HSBC and you
We are looking for forward-thinking, driven and perceptive graduates who will become the future leaders of HSBC.
Your Global Asset Management Graduate Programme will provide you the in-depth experience, knowledge and skills to understand how HSBC connects individual retail customers, major multinational corporate clients, sovereign wealth funds and financial institution clients with investment opportunities around the world.
You will start with the Global Induction Programme in August 2016, with colleagues from around the world who have joined other programmes. Through four structured rotations, each lasting six months, and training, you’ll develop a well-rounded understanding and experience of our investment philosophy and governance, our approach to clients, and the way we design and deliver products, as well as taking a rotation in one of our control functions.
In investments you’ll be developing an understanding of the investment philosophy and process for different asset classes, as well as gaining an introduction to equity/fixed income analysis and to the investment research and dealing functions.
In business development and sales, you’ll be supporting key business development projects and understanding the sales processes to support distribution to different client groups and distribution channels. In client strategy, you’ll develop an understanding of the asset management client segments and customer propositions, and support client strategy and client propositions projects.
In product, you’ll identify market trends, develop an understanding of the product lifecycle and product development processes, and support distribution to different client groups and channels.
A rotation in one of our control functions will reflect the importance we place on functional processes and standards for risk management and governance.
Wherever you join us, we will support, guide and develop you, while our leaders will help you to be the best you can be, reflecting your interests and capabilities. During your rotations, you’ll benefit from a training programme that includes regular access to coaching and advice on your progress, as well as frequent and constructive feedback on your performance. Valuable, hands-on coaching and experience will develop your technical and behavioural skills, enabling you to take advantage of the exceptional global opportunities we offer. We will provide everything you need to move up, although you will drive your own development.
The Global Asset Management Global Graduate Programme is the beginning of an exciting journey that could take you to the highest levels of investment management.
The programme will allow you to develop your career into one of the following:
- A specialist role that will directly contribute to the development of our investment capability within our investment function.
- A client-facing role within one of our distribution channels.
- A role developing our product and client strategies for each channel.
- With the knowledge you build up, you could become an investment, product or client specialist and aim to lead an investment, product, sales or client area.
To be considered for the programme, you will be a student or graduate from any discipline who:
- Demonstrates our values – open, dependable and connected
- Is interested in, and understands, international markets and finance
- Is curious about the business world in which we live
- Has a global outlook
- Has strong verbal & written communication skills/client facing skills
- Has high level analytical skills – ability to research, analyse and interpret complex data and make measured decisions
- Is proactive, hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Is fluent in English (written and verbal)
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent (predicted or gained), and 300 UCAS points or equivalent (excluding General Studies)
- Have consistently achieved objectives set for you and taken action to improve your own performance
- Have self-awareness with the confidence to work independently and take responsibility for your own development
- Have worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will be proactive, forward-thinking, ready to challenge the status quo, with strong drive and determination, keen to learn and develop at all times, have a natural ability to build relationships with colleagues and a willingness to deliver on difficult assignments, possess an aptitude for understanding the underlying strategy which underpins the bank direction, be skilled at project management and have a keen interest in business development.
Please be advised that you should apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme only. Candidates with multiple applications will be progressed on one application.
Please make sure that you will have the right to work in the UK at least until the end of the programme.
The base location for this role is London, UK.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!