Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Global Graduate Programme
HSBC AND YOU
We are looking for motivated and curious graduates who will become the future leaders of HSBC. At HSBC, we are open to different ideas and cultures, being connected to our customers, communities and each other, and being dependable. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
This programme appeals particularly to individuals who are good networkers, fast learners, diverse thinkers and opportunity takers who are driven and with high levels of integrity. Our graduates come from a range of backgrounds and degree disciplines ranging from Sociology to Chemistry to Economics
MORE ABOUT THE RETAIL BANKING AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT (RBWM) PROGRAMME
Our Graduate Programme is structured across 24 months, broken down into four six-month placements across HSBC, first direct and Marks & Spencer’s Bank. The four placements are:
- Get to know how we create banking products and develop propositions for our customers.
- Learn how to create a customer centric culture by taking ownership of customer experience.
- Ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- Understand the background to how we operate as a bank and deliver for our customers through all channels, including digital, audio and face to face.
- Develop people management skills in performance management, motivating, coaching, absence management and fostering open communication.
- Contribute new thinking to improve performance and effectively challenge, inspire and develop others.
- Build professional relationships based on respect and credibility focused on motivation and engagement.
Risk and Governance
- Proactively manage financial and non-financial risks and help promote HSBC's balanced risk culture.
- Build on project management skills, key stakeholder management and understanding of strategic context, whilst developing confidence around senior managers.
YOU AND YOUR CAREER JOURNEY
Not only will you gain valuable experience in the different areas within Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM), you will have access to a wealth of training and development opportunities, including support to study for a professional qualification, a graduate buddy, a senior business mentor and a dedicated programme manager. The RBWM Programme offers more than just four placements; you can also shape your graduate scheme by joining:
- HSBC Graduate Committee – The graduate team works collaboratively to organise Development Days and expand the graduate community skill sets.
- HSBC Graduate Attraction Team – You can get involved in visiting universities across the country to attract and recruit top undergraduate talent, while sharing your passion and knowledge of HSBC. This includes but is not limited to Careers Fairs, employability sessions and networking events. You can also assist in the planning and organising of events for the HSBC attraction campaign.
- HSBC GradMag Team – This team exists to inform, promote and celebrate all of the amazing work going on within the graduate community.
- HSBC Graduate Communities Committee - HSBC also have a great focus on charity work, where you may have the opportunity to organise charity events, take part in challenges and even go abroad with the Graduate Communities Committee.
- The Centre of Excellence - This gives you the opportunity to feedback on placements and constantly develop, support and educate graduates.
On completion, there are many different routes your career path could take you and we work with you to develop this. There is no typical route for our RBWM graduates as you have the freedom to choose your own path - but to give you a flavour, our alumni often move into roles in Digital Bank, Banking & Propositions, Wealth & Advice, Customer Value Management, Chief Operating Office or Chief Control Office.
WHO WE ARE
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. In 67 countries and territories serving around 38 million customers, our ambition is to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper.
QUALIFICATIONS – EXTERNAL
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Minimum 2.1 honours degree or equivalent (predicted or gained),
- Minimum 300 UCAS points or 120 UCAS points or for those who passed exams before 2017 (or equivalent) across top three A Level subjects excluding General studies.
- The location for this role is UK wide, therefore, you must be able to commit to being nationally mobile and be available to undertake the travel required for this role.
- You can only apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme each year
- By the time of starting employment, successful candidates must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the program.