English Graduate Learning Mentor – West Midlands Opportunities
Have you recently graduated with a 2.1 or higher in English?
Are you considering a career in teaching, but would benefit from working within a school for the full academic year before applying for a teacher training course?
We work with a number of supportive schools across the West Midlands area who provide training and guidance throughout the academic year. Some of these schools also offer schools direct places to graduates who excel in their role as a Learning Mentor.
For ambitious English graduates, this is an excellent opportunity to develop the key skills needed to pursue a career in education and to gain a place on a teacher training course.
- Gain valuable experience within a school context
- Competitive paid-experience up to £300 per week
- Long Term/Full Academic Year position
- Support and training offered
- Opportunity to support young people in their learning
- Gain experience in preparation for a PGCE or a Schools Direct position
Person Specification - English Graduate Learning Support Mentor
For this role you must:
- Have recently graduated with a minimum of a 2:1 English Degree
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be passionate about supporting young people in their learning
- Able to offer creative learning opportunities
About the role
Throughout the academic year you will be a key member of the English Department of a Secondary school. You will play a key role in the schools intervention strategy whereby your responsibilities will include:
Supporting on a one-to-one or small group basis of students who may need additional support
Work alongside the teachers within the department to aid the planning and preparation of lessons
If you would benefit from gaining paid experience prior to embarking on a teacher training course then apply today for a English Graduate Learning Mentor role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!