Psychology Graduates Support Staff – West Midlands Opportunities
Are you a recent graduate with a Psychology degree?
Are you thinking of becoming an Educational Psychologist or Teacher in the future?
Would you benefit from gaining a full academic years’ worth of experience in a school-based context prior to applying for an Educational Psychology or teacher training position in 2017?
Ambitious psychology graduates are required for a range of supportive schools in the West Midlands area.
i-teachers are currently recruiting psychology graduates who have a real passion to support pupils who may face barriers to their learning. These barriers can include, but are not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and/or Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
- Gain experience within a schools SEN department
- £60-£65 per day competitive paid-experience
- Long Term/Full Academic Year position
- Closely supported by the schools SENCO
- Opportunity to support pupils who face barriers to learning
- Fantastic opportunity to begin your career as an aspiring Ed Psych or teacher!
Person Specification - Psychology Graduate Learning Support Mentor
For this role you must:
- Have a good academic background, including a Psychology Degree
- Resilient yet empathetic personality
- Genuine passion for working with young people
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
About the role
Throughout the academic year you will be a key member of the school intervention strategy.
Your role will involve:
- Supporting students who have been identified as having special educational needs.
- Liaise with the SENCO regarding the needs of pupils you support
- Support pupils on a one-to-one or small group basis.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!