Science Graduate – School Teaching Assistant - Greater Manchester
Have you recently graduated with a science-based degree?
Do you need to find a graduate career that will suit you?
Need extra motivation to ensure that you don’t stay in your student job too long?
Have you thought about gaining some school based experience for the full year before deciding to become a science teacher, you would benefit from paid experience in a school prior to applying for a teacher training position to ensure that you will be fully prepared!
i-teachers work with ambitious Science graduates across the Greater Manchester, finding them suitable placements in a school context for a full academic year. This allows our candidates to gain a full years’ worth of valuable experience before embarking upon their teaching career!
This is an excellent opportunity for science graduates to gain the knowledge and understanding of working within a school context. You will gain experience of the KS3 and KS4 curriculum, whilst also enhancing your knowledge and skillset in preparation for gaining a place on a teaching course in 2017.
- Gain experience of the KS3/4 curriculum and witness good teaching practice
- Competitive salary for paid-experience £275-£300 per week
- Long Term/Full Academic Year position
- Support and training offered throughout the year
- Opportunity to aid and support a range of secondary aged students
- Gain experience in preparation for a PGCE or a Schools Direct position
- Person Specification - Science Graduate Teaching Assistant
For this role you must:
- Have recently graduated with a Science Degree
- Have good A Levels
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about supporting students in their learning
- Be patient and emphatic
- Able to adapt teaching in a creative manner
About the role
You will be a key member of the support team within a Science department. You will be paramount leader of the schools intervention strategy whereby duties may include:
- Supporting on a one-to-one or small group basis to students who may need additional support in order to achieve their potential
- Work alongside the teachers within the department to aid the planning and preparation of lessons
- Deliver cover lessons on occasion to a larger group of students
i-teachers are recruiting now for ambitious Science graduates keen to support young students in their learning journey.
If you are passionate about making a difference, whilst simultaneously gaining the skills and experience needed to gain a sought after teacher training position in 2017, then apply today for this role!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!