Maths Graduate – Secondary Teaching Assistant - Manchester
Are you a recent Maths Graduate unsure about the various career paths to take next?
Have you thought about teaching, but you’re not quite ready for teacher training?
Perhaps you thinking of applying for a teacher training course in 2017, but would like to gain paid-experience first?
i-teachers are seeking ambitious Maths graduates who are keen to become a teacher but would first like to gain paid experience prior to embarking upon a teacher training course the following year.
We work with a number of schools across the Greater Manchester area who offer training and support throughout the academic year.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Maths graduate who wants to gain the key skills needed to fully prepare you for a teaching training course in 2017.
- Gain invaluable experience within a school
- £275-£300 per week
- Long Term/Full Academic Year position
- Support and training offered
- Opportunity to support young people in their learning
- Gain experience in preparation for a PGCE or a Schools Direct position
Person Specification - Maths Graduate Learning Support Mentor
For this role you must:
- Have recently graduated with a minimum of a 2:1 Maths Degree
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have a passion to support young people in their learning journey
- Able to engage pupils in a creative manner
About the role
Throughout the academic year you will be a key member of the support team within the Maths Department of a Secondary school. You will play a key role in the schools intervention strategy whereby your responsibilities will include:
Supporting on a one-to-one or small group basis of students who may need additional support in order to achieve their potential
Work alongside the teachers within the department to aid the planning and preparation of lessons
If you would benefit from gaining paid experience prior to embarking on a teacher training course then apply today for a Maths Teaching Assistant role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!