English Graduate – Graduate Learning Mentor - Birmingham
Have you recently graduated with a 2.1 or higher in English?
Are you considering a career in teaching in the future?
Would you benefit from a full year of paid experience in a supportive school prior to applying for a teacher training course the following year?
We work with a number of supportive schools across the West Midlands area who provide training and guidance throughout the academic year. Some of these schools also offer school direct places to graduates who excel in their role as a Learning Mentor.
For motivated English graduates, this is an excellent opportunity to develop the key skills needed to pursue a career in education and to gain a place on a teacher training course.
- Valuable school-based experience
- Competitive paid-experience £60 per day
- Long Term/Full Academic Year position
- Support and training offered
- Learn teaching strategies from outstanding teachers
- Opportunity to support young people in their learning journey
- Gain experience in preparation for a teacher training course the following year
Person Specification - English Graduate Learning Support Mentor
For this role you must:
- Have recently graduated with a minimum of a 2:1 English Degree
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be passionate about supporting young people in their learning
- Able to offer creative learning opportunities
About the role
Throughout the academic year you will be a key member of the English Department of a Secondary school. You will play a key role in the schools intervention strategy whereby your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting on a one-to-one or small group basis to students who may need additional support
- Work alongside the teachers within the department to aid the planning and preparation of lessons
If you would benefit from gaining paid experience prior to embarking on a teacher training course then apply today for an English Graduate Learning Mentor role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!