Physics Graduate – Learning Mentor Opportunities - West Midlands
Are you a recent Physics Graduate who is considering a career in teaching?
Are you thinking of applying for a teacher training course in 2017, but would like to gain paid-experience prior to applying?
i-teachers are seeking ambitious Physics graduates who are keen to become a teacher but would first like to gain paid experience prior to embarking upon a teacher training course the following year.
We work with a number of schools across the West Midlands area who offer training and support throughout the academic year.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Physics graduate who wants to gain the key skills needed to obtain a place on a teaching training course in 2017/2018.
- Gain invaluable experience within a school
- £275-£300 per week
- Long Term/Full Academic Year position
- Support and training offered
- Opportunity to support young people in their learning
- Gain experience in preparation for a PGCE or a Schools Direct position
Person Specification - Physics Graduate Learning Support Mentor
For this role you must:
- Have recently graduated with a minimum of a 2:1 Physics Degree
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have a passion to support young people in their learning journey
- Able to engage pupils in a creative manner
About the role
Throughout the academic year you will be a key member of the support team within the Science Department of a Secondary school. You will play a key role in the schools intervention strategy whereby your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting on a one-to-one or small group basis of students who may need additional support in order to achieve their potential
- Work alongside the teachers within the department to aid the planning and preparation of lessons
If you would benefit from gaining paid experience prior to embarking on a teacher training course then apply today for a Physics Graduate Learning Mentor role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!