Science Graduate – Learning Mentor Opportunities - West Midlands
Have you recently graduated with a science-based degree?
Are you thinking of becoming a science teacher but would benefit from paid experience in a school prior to applying for a teacher training position?
i-teachers work with ambitious Science graduates across the West Midlands, finding them suitable placements in a school context for a full academic year. This allows our candidates to gain a full years’ worth of valuable experience before embarking upon their teaching career!
This is an excellent opportunity for science graduates to gain the knowledge and understanding of working within a school context. You will gain experience of the KS3 and KS4 curriculum, whilst also enhancing your knowledge and skillset in preparation for gaining a place on a teaching course in 2018.
- Gain experience of the KS3/4 curriculum and witness good teaching practice
- Competitive salary for paid-experience £275-£300 per week
- Long Term/Full Academic Year position
- Support and training offered throughout the year
- Opportunity to aid and support a range of secondary aged students
- Gain experience in preparation for a PGCE or a Schools Direct position
Person Specification - Science Graduate Learning Support Mentor
For this role you must:
- Have recently graduated with a Science Degree
- Have good A Levels
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about supporting students in their learning
- Be patient and emphatic
- Able to adapt teaching in a creative manner
About the role
You will be a key member of the support team within a Science department. You will be paramount leader of the schools intervention strategy whereby duties may include:
- Supporting on a one-to-one or small group basis to students who may need additional support in order to achieve their potential
- Work alongside the teachers within the department to aid the planning and preparation of lessons
- Deliver cover lessons on occasion to a larger group of students
i-teachers are recruiting now for ambitious Science graduates keen to support young students in their learning journey.
If you are passionate about making a difference, whilst simultaneously gaining the skills and experience needed to gain a sought after teacher training position in 2018, then apply today for this role!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!