What the role involves:
IBM is engaged with clients across all industries on some of the most relevant and exciting business and IT initiatives today – from intelligent transportation to smarter electricity management, from integrated commerce applications to improved healthcare. Our Technology Consultants play a critical role in these initiatives – analysing clients’ business challenges, designing innovative IT-based solutions and leading the technical aspects of their delivery.
Our graduate Technology Consultants will grow a strong set of technical and consulting skills and then progressing onto solution design and technical leadership roles at increasing levels of responsibility.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s leading technology experts, learning from their experience as you take on increasing challenges and responsibilities and providing an opportunity for strong career growth.
Our ambition is to enable you to become one of IBM’s technology leaders - leading the complex, challenging and exciting solutions – and growing into our next generation of Technical Advisors, Solution Architects and Technical Programme Managers.
During your first 2 years, you will move between different assignments, typically spending 3-9 months in each. These will give you the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and to experience a number of varying roles, including:
- Business analysis
- Software development
- Software package configuration
- Technical solution design
- Technical project management
What we look for
You will need to:
- Be looking to achieve (or already have) a 2:1 honours degree - ideally in computing, engineering, mathematics or numerate sciences
- Have some experience of programming and/or a basic knowledge of IT solution concepts
- Have a keen interest in learning how to use technology to solve clients’ business problems and relish the prospect of designing and delivering these solutions for clients
- Have a flexible attitude to your working patterns (you’ll often need to work at different client sites and IBM offices across the UK and occasionally abroad)
- Proven leadership skills and adaptability, with a willingness to take ownership of highly challenging tasks
- Thorough and analytical thinking, with the capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Drive to overcome complex and challenging situations
- Initiative to pro-actively expand knowledge and improve skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with other technical specialists
- Ability to clearly articulate complex information verbally and in writing
- A passion for technology and innovative ideas
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 5 days a week
Do you have a PhD?
We offer PhD applicants a salary of up to £32,000 in addition to all the normal benefits that we offer our graduate hires. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply using the normal graduate route.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!