Graduate Embedded Software Engineer
This role is a hands-on software engineering position in Platform Services, a growing team within the PowerVR Multimedia IP group focussed upon customers who require additional features in our software drivers or specialist help in realising their products. Additionally from time-to-time you may be involved in the maintenance of mainstream drivers on specific customer hardware.
Examples of projects undertaken include:
- Helping customers ensure that the graphics performance of their end-products is as high as possible, prior to release
- Working closely with customers, modifying drivers to enable enhanced operation for specific applications
- Porting of Linux-based device drivers to various embedded operating systems. This includes 3D graphics (GPU) and video decoder drivers.
- Development of H264/H265 Video Codec Simulation Software
An exciting, small but innovative team within Imagination's PowerVR Multimedia IP group, we provide our customers with a software tailoring service, aimed at supporting their development needs whilst integrating the very latest of our device drivers into their products.
Our engineers listen to their needs, consult with the full range of PowerVR driver software teams to identify the best solution to the customer's problem, and then implement and verify the required code. The team also ensures the latest PowerVR drivers continue to work seamlessly on a variety of customer-provided platforms, providing maintenance as needed, and assist core software teams with internal development projects as resource allows.
To become a member of this fast-moving development team, working with many of the big names in the consumer electronics industry across a wide variety of different kinds of devices and products. Work in this team provides the opportunity to make a huge difference to the success and wellbeing of our customers as they bring their cutting-edge devices to market.
In due course there may be the opportunity to become a technical expert on a technology area within PowerVR.
- Unafraid of technical challenges
- Willing to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Able to maintain focus and to see tasks through to timely completion
- Ability to understand and communicate complex ideas
- Constant endeavour for innovation and excellence
- Attention to detail
- Approachable, with good interpersonal skills
- Relatively informal, non-hierarchical environment
- Expanding international business
- Many long-serving, dedicated employees
- Fast moving, commercially driven consumer electronics environment
A degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or a similar discipline.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!