Customer Support Engineer
Working within the Customer Engineering team to support Imagination's customers and help them to design in, and successfully take to production, products using Imagination's IP cores.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Taking direct ownership of key graphics software products and providing expertise to other Customer Engineering team members.
- Training customers in the use of product deliverables
- Solving customer issues or providing first level analysis
- Assigning and tracking issues to closure with development teams
- A world of Imagination
Imagination is a global technology leader whose products touch the lives of billions of people throughout the world.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to get involved in a customer facing role. You will be in the front seat of experiencing products develop from the first power up to the final production devices. You will have the opportunity to work with high profile customer projects and work on the cutting edge of technology.
The Customer Engineering team consists of a highly motivated and highly knowledgeable team of both software and hardware engineers located in various offices around the world. The successful applicants will be based in the UK but will interact daily with global team members.
Once an initial period of training and experience has been covered, the candidate will be expected to take direct responsibility for a key customer with other team members providing technical support and expertise as required. The role is very dynamic as the nature of customer issues tends to be wide ranging and unpredictable.
Minimum of a second class honours degree in a computer science/electronics related course
- Experience of programming in low level languages such as C/C++ from a previous job, academia or personal projects
- Understanding of software debug and design techniques for modern operating systems
- Ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- Tenacious problem solving ability
- Can do, positive attitude and able to work proactively and independently
- Ability to prioritise and organise tasks with a calm and focussed approach
- Working knowledge of device drivers within high level operating system.
- Prior experience of Android or Linux OSs
- Understanding of embedded systems
- Interest in both the software and hardware aspects of graphics hardware architectures
- Knowledge of industry APIs e.g. OpenGL ES/OpenCL
- Experience of working directly with third parties either as a supplier or a customer
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!